Rome, Italy 5/21/11 - 5/24/11, 1 room, $340 (Hotwire)

Sun Devil
By Sun Devil,
in

Won the Hotel Aberdeen in Rome Italy 5/21/11 - 5/24/11 for $340 through hotwire on April 12th

the email confirmatin had a hotel confirmation code and a hotwire confirmation code. We didn't call to check with the hotel at that time.

Then we get a call on 5/9/11 from hotwire saying that we dont have the room any more. I call the hotel Aberdeen and they claim they never heard of us, that the hotel confirmation code isn't one of their numbers, and that they have never had a relationship with hotwire. Basically a cold pound sand.

Hotwire refunded our money. Now, 10 days out, few rooms available and costs are triple or more higher. I'll never book through hotwire again. can they really do that to you? If so, how do any of you trust to use them? I am so angry with them. :)

It would be appreciated if you shared your win(s) with the board when you receive them.

Now, 10 days out, few rooms available and costs are triple or more higher.
Have you tried calling HOTWIRE, asking to speak with a supervisor, and explain that rates have gone up since your previous booking and that you'd like them to help you find a replacement stay?

It would be appreciated if you shared your win(s) with the board when you receive them and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

The only thing I can think this might be due to, is that the hotel probably Did have affiliation with HW, but choose to discontinue it. So if the hotel wasn't able to honour your reservation, you wouldn't be expected to pay for it.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]