Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

stu1901
By stu1901,
in

Hi, as one or two of you may know i won a hotel in san francisco for september. now for the next part of the trip we may be going to orlando.

So the dates will either be Sunday 4th or Monday 5th (labour day) to Friday 9th or Saturday 10th september.

Really would like a hotel in downtown disney but i know you can't choose hotels. Although if the price is right anything will be fine.

So i would like a hotel in the WDW area, 3 star (maybe resort depending on what you think).

Maximum bid would be $60, but i have seen quite a few people getting sherton safari or best western for $39 in that area.

So what should i start bidding with. Also do you think i should wait? On a disney message board they predict thee will be alot of dicounts nearer the time because it is the slowest time for orlando, but some said 'they would never go in september again' after the hurricanes.

All advice welcome, thanks.

First thing you need to do is determine your check-in/check-out date... i'm not sure if you're flexible in your plans and it doesn't matter or if there it is still undecided.

As far as when to book, there are pros and cons on each side of that decision, but here is a good place to start: Should I Book Early or Late.

As far as going in September, are you committed to going to Orlando during that timeframe or might you make other plans due to potential weather issues?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

won't be able to change dates once we book them as we are coming from england, so once the flights to and from america are booked there is no changing dates.

Our dates will be confirmed in a few days. We are just decided whether to spend 1 more night in San Francisco staying with a friend.

H, i'm just begeting with airfair and stuff and have done quite a bit of reserach looking through past bids.

How much do you think the maximum i will have to pay per night is? From the looks of it around $40.

The Sheraton Safari, Radisson Worldgate and Best Western seem to be the ones that come up most frequently, but interestingly i havn't seen any Radison for a september, and one 1 win of the seraton for september, but about half of the best western wins are from september. I dunno if that means the best western will liikely to come up or it doesn't mean anything.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Dates are 5th September to 11th September

Amenities are

Resort

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Golf Nearby

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Price is $45

From the list of the old zones it looks like the Best Western Lake Buena Vista.

what do you think? the price seems good too

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This was a Priceline bid... there were no amenity icons shown and the original poster could have received some other Resort class property in the zone.

If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC and include the details (dates, maximum bid amount, star quality desired, etc) and we'll try to help.

You may also want to give this thread a read first as well:

I'VE NEVER USED PRICELINE or HOTWIRE

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The summary for the Hyatt Grand Cypress on EasyClickTravel's Off the record listing for this hotel states that the lobby will be undergoing construction (redesign of atrium skylight) from June 1st to September 16th, so perhaps the Hyatt has given inventory to Priceline at great rates for some of these dates. The rates on EasyClickTravel for this hotel, however, are not good.

Of course, Priceline is always a crap shoot, so there are no guarantees.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This was a Priceline bid... there were no amenity icons shown and the original poster could have received some other Resort class property in the zone.

If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC and include the details (dates, maximum bid amount, star quality desired, etc) and we'll try to help.

You may also want to give this thread a read first as well:

I'VE NEVER USED PRICELINE or HOTWIRE

Oh. Well in the first post, she listed different amenities and that confused me.

Maggie

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I won a resort for the orlando area a while ago but my sister has decided to come along with us. On the priceline page i only entered that there would be 2 people staying at the hotel. Is there a way to add an extra person, or is it okay just to turn up withan extra person?

Thank YOu

To add-on to ufjoe21's comments...

Your priceline room is only guaranteed for double occupancy. You can call the hotel ahead of time and request a room with two beds, but this is just a request, and you could possibly get a room with only one bed (and in some areas, some hotels only have rooms with one bed and/or can't fit a roll-away... although in Orlando this isn't usually a problem).

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]