Priceline Hotel: Newport RI 3.5

pporow
By pporow,
in

I am trying to win a 2 night stay at a 3.5 star hotel in Newport RI for Friday and Sat nights 5/20-22. The only two 3.5 star hotels listed are the Hotel Viking and the Marriott. The Hyatt was there but it dropped off. Which is just as well because from what I can tell these two don't have the high resort fee. Anyway, I"m trying to figure out how high to bid. It seems like there are several wins in the past for as low as 65 dollars. But I'm up to 120 dollars a night with no luck. I thought I would get a pretty good deal since it wasn't memorial day yet but maybe not. I really don't want to spend more than 300 dollars for the two nights and I'm almost at my limit. Does the rate change as I get closer to the date? Should I wait til the last minute or just keep bidding up to my limit now? I have been doing the three bids a day starting at 65 dollars and I'm up to 120 now. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]