Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Las Vegas (near Strip East) Best Western McCarran Inn

D..
By D..,
in

Amenities include on my itinerary:

Airport Shuttle

Pool

However I believe I did also see it include on other times when looking on Hotwire;

(and also because this facility did have these things):

Complimentary Breakfast (not great, but sufficient to fill up on, and free)

Business Center (a little corner with a computer in the front waiting area)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Right under the flight path of McCarran, not loud but noticeable. Ear plugs provided in every room. But it's not so bad actually compared to the noise of the planes outside when they fly over.

Doors didn't feel solid, once closed could be wiggled in it's frame.

The younger Asian staff was nice, but the white guy was rude, seemed like he hated his job. So seemed the foreign night shift older guy.

I wouldn't call this a successful booking. The clientele was horrible. Biker gangs and other low class types.

But for the rate, when others were paying $99 for a walk in rate (higher than internet direct bookings which were $49.99)

Very comfy bed however. I believe it was a Simmons.

I asked for a Deluxe room that was a step up and it had a pull out couch and was a bit better. 42 inch generic flat screen too, but terrible reception.

I could be mistaken but I think it was free internet.

Hotwire classifies it as Near Strip East but it's really more like Airport Area.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Sorry to hear this stay fell a little short of expectations... hope you're future trips are more enjoyable.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe for all Vegas has to offer, people on this board are right for going for the higher star hotels. I also would concur that unless it's a cost cutting trip, only go for 3 stars or above for Vegas. Or at the very least if not, then go for as close to 100% recommended by reviewers (don't go for hotels that they are still gathering information on) (which was this one) and as a last resort, if nothing else go no lower than a Tripadvisor rating of 3. Like you said on another post. a 2.5 TA review rating should be enough to keep anyone away. But then again I have maybe a little higher standards because I know what is out there. And this is even without experiencing 4 or 5 star hotels. Well except for the Ru sh Tower at Golden Nug get or The Rio if you count those two. Glad to be of service.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]