airport shuttle

Memphis9489
By Memphis9489,
in

I have more experience using Hotwire than Priceline. Oftentimes, I need to stay at an airport hotel that has airport shuttle service. Hotwire has nice icons that shows the hotel's amenities and you can readily see whether the hotel has an airport shuttle or not. It seems that there is no way of knowing this when placing a bid on a Priceline hotel. Is that correct?

NOTE: One word of warning about Hotwire's "airport shuttle" icon. In several instances I've had very early morning departures and the hotel does not have round-the-clock airport shuttle service. For instance, their shuttle service may not begin until 6am (which does you no good for your 6:30am departure) or it may end at 10pm (which does you no good when your flight arrives at 11pm). You are going to have to take a cab which completely negates the point of choosing a hotel with shuttle service.

Correct, there is no way to determine if the airport hotel you purchase thru PRICELINE offers shuttle servcie or not.

I have stayed in the Annapolis area, using Hotwire, a bazillion times...
I have more experience using Hotwire than Priceline.
Have you made any purchases thru either service in the last 6+ months since joining the board? It would be appreciated if you began to share your wins so that the information can best help other users.

Please also use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to access the respective sites.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have more experience using Hotwire than Priceline. Oftentimes, I need to stay at an airport hotel that has airport shuttle service. Hotwire has nice icons that shows the hotel's amenities and you can readily see whether the hotel has an airport shuttle or not. It seems that there is no way of knowing this when placing a bid on a Priceline hotel. Is that correct?

Usually a hotel that bills itself as an airport hotel has shuttle service. You can almost always smoke out the Priceline bidding exceptions by the yowls and howls in the hotel review area here. Further, you sometimes can avoid these exceptions by staying away from the star level that contains the problem hotel.

One way to think of it is as sort of a gamble. If you get caught out once in a while, even though you've done your homework, the savings you've achieved using Priceline will easily offset a short cab ride.

Another option - city buses. The one time I got bit (learned my lesson there), I checked at the hotel desk and they promptly handed me a copy of bus schedules to the airport. It worked quite nicely. I did post this experience (and the solution) in the hotel review area.

I'm just a member, but I also really hope you'll start posting your bids. I've found that when I post, every once in a while somebody will offer up an interesting or valuable tidbit that enhances my trip - a restaurant, some sight-seeing option, something about the hotel. By my bookkeeping, those tidbits way offset the little bit of time it takes to post.

Sometimes, even someone's "failed bid" post helps me know a better starting point.

Romelle

PS - another exception to those early morning runs - I learned that flight crews have priority. So even if there is a 5:30 AM shuttle, if flight crews fill it you will end up either using the 6:00 AM shuttle or taking a cab.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]