4* NYC (MTC) Park Central

cocochanel255
By cocochanel255,
in

After trying priceline for 5/15/-5/18 in MTE,MTW, CPS, TS up to $260 per night and comparing hotwire 4* options, I decided to give Expedia unpublished names a try. I went for a 4* for those dates in Midtown Central for $264 + tax and got "Park Central New York Hotel." I am perplexed by this results because the hotel itself lists a 3.5* status on its website. I called Expedia to complain and spent 2+ hours on the phone, they said the star status is based on customer reviews.

I also spoke to the hotel who said Expedia has my money and there is nothing they can do. Has anyone had any experience with the blind booking services downgrading you like this? Is there anything I can do? I wasn't prepared to stay in a hotel like this........

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Each service used their own criteria to rate hotels, so one service can have a different rating vs. another booking service and each can differ from the hotel itself. As far as Expedia is concerned, this isn't a downgrade since, based upon their criteria, this is a 4* hotel.

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the results, but don't write-off the opaque services just yet... come here and ask for help before your next opaque purchase. While not the best hotel in NYC, it does have a very good and central location. What specific concerns do you have regarding this hotel? If you want to pursue this further, did you already try speaking with a supervisor at Expedia?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Expedia link)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]