Germany D

mucsea2003
By mucsea2003,
in

This hotel is located in what Priceline calls the central zone. In fact it is a little bit outside of the city center.

It took about 10 minutes by cab and 16 Euros to get from the airport to this typical 70ies like concrete hotel building. From the hotel I took the tram which leaves right around the corner at Heinrichstr. to get to the downtown area which took about 10-15 minutes and costs 2 Euros.

Check-in was fast and friendly. They assigned me to a non-smoking room with one queen bed. They even pointed out their Priceline rate on that little card you have to sign when checking-in. Accepted my Marriott rewards number and later credited me with airline miles but no stay credit. :)

The room was a clean, standard, o.k. sized business hotel room with rather dated interior. Aside from the queen bed there was a small sofa and a tiny TV set. All the furniture and also the bathroom seriously need some replacement to justify a 4* rating. As it is, it is more like a 2.5*.

The indoor pool on the top floor was closed when I arrived (after 10 pm) so I couldn't try it. One should have a nice view from up there. I didn't try their restaurant or bar. They had a pizza plus beer plus ice-cream room service special which took about 45 minutes to be delivered and was quite good.

All in all, it suited my needs well (a bed for the night, not too far from the airport) but was not the greatest hotel I have stayed in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]