Priceline Hotel: Philadelphia airport

headinsouth
By headinsouth,
in

I need 1 room near PHL airport Friday night for an early Saturday flight. 2 adults, 2 kids. Found on lastminutetravel: 2.5 star 6.37 miles from airport for $76, 3 star 6.57 miles for $77, 4 star 4 miles $105. hotwire found 2 star $74 5.6-6.5 miles area, 1 star $76 1-5 miles stadium area, 3 star $109 1-5 miles stadium area. Except for the slight star and mileage differences, I would guess they are the same 3 hotels ... not sure which.

So --- any ideas on what I could get with Priceline and any idea if any known options offer 24 hour shuttle and possibly longterm parking at the hotels for airport (at an additonal fee I would assume). I've only ever used Priceline once and they took my first bid, so I haven' had to deal with re-bids etc. Never used the ther sits at all. Thanks in advance for your help. I don't really need amenities, but I don't want a trash pit, which I am afraid of with a 1 star.

2 adults, 2 kids.
...any ideas on what I could get with Priceline...

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy which means you could get a hotel with only one bed, is this a risk you're willing to accept? Are you searching to 2adults/2children on your HOTWIRE search above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 3* i'm seeing on HOTWIRE for your dates with: Shuttle , Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business is a match for the Wyndham Garden Hotel... assuming correct, you could call them to see the hours of their shuttle as well as longer term parking options.

Would this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes. I know. And I am willing to risk one bed. The kids can sleep on the floor if needed. Thanks!

if you get the Ramada you might want to reconsider and rent a cot. The Ramada offers long term parking for a fee or there is an online coupon for Fastpark nearby.

thanks everyone. I liked the looks of the Wyndham, but the shuttle didn't start unil 4am and I need earlier (ugh). I actually ended up not using hotwire, priceline or lastminutedeals. I found a really good rate for the Sheraton Suites Airport on stay123.com. but wasn't so sure about that site. Sheraton's site has a best price guarantee or they will match plus 10%. I submitted a claim for the price match and it was granted!!! room went from $209 to $103, includes free 24 hour shuttle and 7 nights parking. I don't think I could have beat that, or risked beating that, by bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]