Hotwire Hotel: Room Occupancy

HaoFit
By HaoFit,
in

I'm looking for 3 rooms on Hotwire for 11 adults/2 babies. I typically say it's 11 adults/1 child since the number has to equal 12 to search. I get one rate when I do this, but if I change it to 9 adults/3 children, I get the same result, but a lower rate. I know I am only guaranteed that the rooms sleeps the number of people I am searching for, not necessarily that there will be 2 beds. Do you think it matters much what combo I use? 3 of the adults are very petite 18/19-year olds.

It's about a $30 difference per room per night.

May 26 - 28 for Vancouver (Downtown West) 4* hotel.

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Recommended in 90% of reviews.

$192/nt/room based on 11 adults/1 child.

$161/nt/room based on 9 adults/3 children.

Wasn't sure if I should put this on the Canada forum, but was also just wondering in general if anyone had any advice/thoughts on the occupancy breakdown.

Thanks!

I would go with the least expensive combination of adults/children that truly states the number in your party. You'll be guaranteed bedding for whatever number you state.

There are some anomalies like this one on Hotwire. Like a hotel that appears when searching 3 adults/0 children, but doesn't appear when searching 2 adults/1 child.

$192/nt/room based on 11 adults/1 child.

$161/nt/room based on 9 adults/3 children

Nothing that abnormal about this... some hotels charge more for adults over double occupancy but 'kids stay free'. Since the charge is higher when searching for more adults, i would assume that this is the case here. As an example, searching for 6adults/6children yields a lower rate then either of the above (since fewer adults... actually none over double occupancy)
I would go with the least expensive combination of adults/children that truly states the number in your party. You'll be guaranteed bedding for whatever number you state.
I would to an extent... i wouldn't have a problem declaring a recently turned 18 year old as being in the 2-17 year old category, but i wouldn't book 6adults/6children if in reality my group was going to be 12 adults.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another suggestion would be consider a hotel that offers Bed Choice, and pay the extra fee to guarantee your rooms will have two double beds. It's usually around $10 extra per night, and you can find out how exactly how much more it will be before you buy your rooms.

Any idea on what the below might be?

Vancouver (Downtown Entertainment District) 3*

Fitness Center

Restaurant

High-Speed Internet

$158/room/night

I didn't see a hotel on the list that matched for this.

I guess rooms are booking as I don't see anything coming up at all for Vancouver-Downtown West anymore.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]