Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Santa Monica-Marina Del Rey) Courtyard MDR

logic11
By logic11,
in

This property has not yet been reported to the board, and with just these two amenities showing, it's not enough to gain much insight into this property. However, with a 65% HOTWIRE user recommendation and an overall 3.5 satisfaction level, i wouldn't expect too much.

You could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your reply and advice.

I'll probably give up this offer and keep on trying either in HOTWIRE or PRICELINE. I'll click both sites through here.

I would like to stay in a hotel 3* or higher but paying maximum of $100, because I know I'll probably have to pay around $25 for parking.

Last June I stayed at Sheraton Delfina (Santa Monica) for $100 through PRICELINE.

I wonder if I would still get this deal this year.

regards

Generally speaking the hotel business has picked up somewhat from a year ago and in many locations we're seeing modestly higher prices vs. a year ago.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like to stay in a hotel 3* or higher but paying maximum of $100, because I know I'll probably have to pay around $25 for parking.

The 3* that comes up most often in SM-MDR zone is Courtyard Marina Del Rey and they have free parking. Maybe you'll be lucky. When I stayed at the 3* Marina Del Rey Hotel they had free parking too. That was a couple years ago and I don't know if it's still free.

Please, I'd like to stay in Santa Monica May 14 to 19.

I'm willing to pay around $100 (of course, the higher the stars the better).

I would stay in a 3* for a better price (around $ 80).

I don''t want the 2.5* hotels or lower.

How should I start ?

What do you think I might get ?

thanks in advance

Priceline's Santa Monica-Marina Del Rey zone is larger than just Santa Monica. Are you willing to stay anywhere in the zone, including Venice or Marina Del Rey?

If you only want Santa Monica then Hotwire is the better choice--even though HW usually costs more than PL--because you can frequently ID the hotel in advance and know you're getting a Santa Monica location.

Thanks Colfax,

The whole area would be ok.

I just checked Hotline and they offer a 2* for $88 (high speed internet and complimentary breakfast).

Any guess ?

I think I might get something better in Priceline but I don't know how I should start bidding.

thanks a lot

The 2* is probably a motel style property, something similar to a Days Inn or Travelodge. There are many 2* possibilities in SM-MDR zone, and they practically all have breakfast and internet, so it's difficult to pin down exactly which one it is.

But for the same $88 there's a good chance you can win a higher rated hotel on Priceline--a 3* or 2.5*. (Although those probably wont have continental breakfast or free parking, like the 2* likely does.)

Are you more interested in the Hotwire 2*? Or do you want to try bidding on Priceline? If you want PL do you want to try bidding up to $100 for 3.5* first, or up to $80 for a 3*?

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your puchases.

p.s. You've got two different threads going for this trip. A moderator will merge them; then please keep all posts regarding this stay in one thread. Thanks! :)

I don't think $100 will be enough for a 3.5* in Santa Monica, but let's give it a shot.

When bidding for 3.5* in LA you've got TWO rebid zones--Lawndale and Culver City. Those zones only have hotels less than 3.5* quality so you can add them to your Santa Monica bids without risk of winning a hotel in Lawndale or Culver City. (Ratings can change at any time so you should verify on your own before each bidding session that Lawndale and Culver City don't have 3.5*.)

Please click this PRICELINE link, select 3.5* in Santa Monica-MDR and bid $80.

If rejected add Culver City and bid $90.

If rejected add Lawndale and bid $100.

If that doesn't work (probably won't) we'll try for 3*. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Yes, you can offer lower than $100 when you drop down to 3*; as low as you want. When you switch from 3.5* to 3* bidding it's important that you exit Priceline completely, close your browser, then reaccess Priceline from this PRICELINE link.

When bidding for 3* in LA you only have ONE rebid zone, which is Lawndale. Lawndale only goes to 2.5*.

My suggestion:

Bid $70 for a 3* in SM-MDR.

If rejected add Lawndale and bid $80.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

You can try for 3.5* again in 24 hours. I think $100 is probably too low for 3.5* though. If you bid to $110 for 3.5* in 24 hours I think you have some chance. Maybe try $100, $105, $110 tomorrow, if you're willing to spend that.

If you want to try for 3* you don't have to wait 24 hours. You can try that now. If you do so please start with this PRICELINE link.

Since you haven't bid up to your maximums yet I think that's the next step. When your 24 hour lockout is over try up to $110 for 3.5* and up to $95 for 3*.

Do you have any interest in splitting your stay...i.e spend 2 or 3 nights in Santa Monica/MDR and the other 2 or 3 nights in either Hollywood or Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone?

I think you might win some Hollywood or BH/WH nights at a lower rate than SM-MDR, and you could apply those savings towards bidding higher for your Santa Monica nights, if necessary.

Thanks

I just saw that Hotwire is offering a 4* Culver City for $66

I guess it is Radisson Los Angeles Westside

Airport Shuttle

Ftness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Is it a bad place to stay ?

Culver City is considered a safe place to stay. From a tourist's standpoint it's not as close to attractions as some of the other zones. You'll be getting a modern hotel in a safe area for a good price, but you'll need to drive everywhere.

If you want to keep it under $90/night and be near popular attractions I think I'd try for 3.5*/3* in Beverly Hills/West Hollywood zone first, or 3* in Hollywood, before Culver City. But Culver City is doable too.

If you purchase the CC hotel please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

Have you tried bidding to your maximums in Santa Monica-Marina Del Rey?

Thank you

I've just tried 3.5* in SM, Culver City, Lawndale, West Hollywood and Hollywood

I went up o $ 110 - no success

Now I'll try 3*.

Are the West Hollywwod and Hollywood 3* hotels good and well located ?

How much should I start with ?

I'll be driving.

3*

No success again !!

I've bid:

80 SM - MDR

90 added Lawndale

95 changed dates to 5/15 > 5/19

100 added Hollywood

I've just saw that Hotwire has a 4* hotel in SM MDR for $ 120 from 5/14 to 5/16 and I guess it's Sheraton Delfina.

I've already stayed there and paid $25 for parking (maybe now it is even more).

I could get this Hotwire deal and spend 3 other nights in Culver City for $64, but I'm wondering if I want to go "down"!

I really don't know what to do next.

Can you help me ?

I agree that HOTWIRE's 4* Santa Monica-MDR on 5/14-5/16 looks like the Sheraton Delfina. It's $120 and Delfina's regular rate is $207 those nights. That's a 40% discount...not bad! Parking is still $25/night.

Near Beach, Smokefree, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Highspeed.

Since you've stayed at Delfina before you know what it is. If you decide to purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and confirm that you got the Delfina. Then we can talk more about what to do the other three nights---Culver City or something else.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]