Hotwire Hotel: 5* Singapore (Central) InterContinental

sandeak
By sandeak,
in

There is a 4star $148 on Orchard Road and a 5 star $146 in the Central Area on Hotwire.

How do I find out which hotels these are - or at least narrow down the choices of which ones they could be?

Singapore seems to be getting a bit more expensive in June - There are a lot of good locations in SG - anywhere close to the MRT (train) - taxis are pretty reasonable in SG) Orchard Rd , Bugis (Intercontinental is the only 5 star I know at Bugis) , Town Hall MRT/Marina Bay area or Clarke QuayMRT/Riverside - I would check out tripadvisor - post your question to the forum of experts - they will probably be able to tell you what hotels hotwire are offering. Also checkout wotif.com (all taxes 17.5% in SG are included in price )- some reasonable hotel rates - Rendevouz - also Carlton is $190 on readyrooms.com.

Royal Plaza on Scotts is the second hotel on wotif and is a great deal. maybe a bit more than you wished to pay but close to lots of reasonably price food options like the Food Republic at the ION Building .Tripadvisor are also good at guessing the mystery hotels on wotif. We have just returned from SG - got half the stay on Orchard through Priceline and half stay at Town Hall area. Check out also Agoda

....sometimes Priceline just does not deliver...................

maybe this may be of help

M :)

Just booked on Hotwire - Singapore Central 5* - $144 - for 2 rooms - 6/25-6/29.

It is the Intercontinental which I'm thrilled with.

Since we have 5 people (3 adults & 2 kids), we will probably have to pay an additional $24.50 per night but will sort that out when we get there.

Very pleased.

Thanks for the advice on this board.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and are received the hotel you were hoping for.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. (where there any amenities associated with this property??)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sandeak, In five star hotels in Singapore children stay free in their parents room providing they can use the existing bedding.

I would contact the hotel and ask about the bed configurations. You could possibly ask for a King or Queen if you wish for one room and for the second room - check if they have 2 double beds or 2 queen beds in the second room. They will allow you to sleep 1 adult and 2 kids under 16 without having to pay any more providing the kids aren't huge teens and are willing to share one of the doubles or queens in the room.

Of course the hotel will always prefer to put another single in the room and charge you the extra money. Wotif will probably show you room configuations. I guess its only a hundred dollars saved over 4 nights however providing you are comfortable its better in your pocket. Happy holiday :)

FYI. Quite a few people travelling with 2 adults 2 kids go for just one room (as hotels are a bit expensive in SG) with 2 doubles - (doubles or queen sized beds) and sleep 4 to the room without paying any extra fees. Swissotel Stamford, Holiday Inn City View Premier rooms and Novotel Clarke Quay and Royal Plaza on Scotts (with a little bluff and a request to the Manager will gen allow this) Some of these rooms are 32SQ metres which is not too snug.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the information. This board has been extremely helpful. When we arrived at the Intercontinental they only had one room reserved for us rather than the 2 we had purchased on Hotwire. They worked quickly to get us another room just down the hall for our 3 boys and did not charge us for the extra person and roll a way bed. The staff was extremely accomodating. The only downside to the hotel was the lack of wireless internet. It was a great value for what we paid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]