Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Phoenix (North Scottsdale) Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch

the2grays
By the2grays,
in

Just scored the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort (Gainey Ranch) for a quick anniversary trip.

Dates:

5/13/11-5/14/11

Amenities:

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

95% customer approval rating.

Used the BB link to search and book. Thanks!

We've booked the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch several times thru Hotwire (we're locals...and it's a FABULOUS hotel for a weekend getaway!) It was always Hotwire's only 4.5 star Resort hotel in North Scottsdale...so it was always a "guaranteed" booking (if there is such a thing.) Today, I was looking to book something for a weekend in Sept. (when it's usually still dirt cheap) and I couldn't find it listed anywhere. Backed up to every weekend in August and July...same thing. No 4.5 Star Resort in North Scottsdale at all...for any weekend. But mysteriously, during those same searches, there's a new 5-star Resort hotel that pops up...with all the same amenity icons...and with a 95% recommendation rating, etc.

Soooooooo...is it more likely that 1) Hyatt Gainey Ranch is being upgraded to 5 stars in June..or 2) they don't release their rooms early to Hotwire and I just need to keep checking back? (We usually go last-minute, so I've never tried to book this far out.) Meanwhile, if that latter is true, do you have any idea which North Scottsdale Resort is the 5-star they have listed from July-Sept.?

If you search for the date(s) above you'll still see this 4.5* listed in the current HOTWIRE offerings (in addition to a 5* hotel which has different amenities then this one... a Childrens Amenity icon is also associated with the 5* property) so i'm going to assume the 5* hotel is not the Hyatt. If the 5* offering you're seeing also has a Childrens Activities amenity showing, then this is a match for the Inter-Continental Montelucia so that would be my best guess for that one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's $74 this morning...

Ahhhhhhhh! I just booked it at $101 last night! That just kills me.

And for anyone's interest, the 48-hour price match guarantee that Hotwire offers is not valid with other Hotwire rates. I tried to call and see if they would switch it for me, but they refused (nicely, but refused nonetheless).

Now I'm going to toss and turn all night, stewing over this. :)

Nah, $101 is still a bargain.

We've booked the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch several times thru Hotwire (we're locals...and it's a FABULOUS hotel for a weekend getaway!) It was always Hotwire's only 4.5 star Resort hotel in North Scottsdale...so it was always a "guaranteed" booking (if there is such a thing.)

We're locals too (Avondale). On your past trips have you been able to receive any upgrades? I don't want to be greedy after finding a great rate, but I'm interested in maximizing our experience at a minimized cost :). Any advice on this front?

~Michael

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]