potential error on priceline name your bid

kmac23
By kmac23,
in

hi

am new to PL and this forum. Tried to submit a bid for a hotel. Got rejected as too low. Submitted a new request but as the engine was thinking about it i wasnt sure I had selected the right criteria the second time round. I had wanted $200 for a 5* hotel but on the second attempt I wasnt sure I had selected 5* in the area I wanted so I just shut down internet explorer before getting a response.

about an hour later PL sends me an email telling me it has a response. I havent opened the email - I can only assume they found a deal at $200 but I am afraid I did not select the area or the hotel category. Am afraid to open email in case once i do this it confirms whatever choice I made and they can then charge me - i tried to call PL but they insist on the booking reference and for same reason i dont want to input

any ideas what opening the email does? or am i already obligated ? - they havent charged my credit card over an hour later?

thanks for advice

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Which zone/city did you bid on, and for which dates? If you were to the screen where you were able to click to finalize your bid and have the service search, you then were able to select a star rating and zone. Opening the email would not be an acceptance of the deal; if your bid was accepted and they sent you an email confirming that, then you were charged when you clicked and the service found a hotel willing to accept the price. Please let us know if your bid was accepted.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Which zone/city did you bid on, and for which dates? If you were to the screen where you were able to click to finalize your bid and have the service search, you then were able to select a star rating and zone. Opening the email would not be an acceptance of the deal; if your bid was accepted and they sent you an email confirming that, then you were charged when you clicked and the service found a hotel willing to accept the price. Please let us know if your bid was accepted.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

hi - logged into PL - didnt win anything - it was London May 4-6

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]