Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Northern Virginia (Tysons Corner-Falls Church) Marriott Fairview

snoqualmie7
By snoqualmie7,
in

Just got this for Monday and Tuesday nights. Great deal? Sure. But it really highlights my main frustration with Priceline.

I was bidding on 3-star hotels. Priceline "upgraded" me to this 3.5-star property. Unfortunately, since this upgrade is to a full-service hotel, it will cost me $12.95/day for internet access, and $10-15/day if I want breakfast. Call me simple: I realize this is a much nicer (fancier?) hotel, but I would have MUCH rather preferred a Spring Hill Suites, Residence Inn, or Hampton Inn, etc., with free wifi and and free continental breakfast...

I realize most business travelers are expensing these costs, but for an independent contractor like myself, I am paying these extra expenses, and it's a little frustrating. Full service hotels and limited-service hotels (like those mentioned above) are like apples and oranges; I really think Priceline should re-evaluate this before continuing to automatically upgrade to full-service hotels.

Thoughts?

snoqualmie7

... you could use HOTWIRE and choose a hotel with a complimentary breakfast or any of the other amenities you're seeking. It will likely cost you a little more than a winning PRICELINE bid, but your total cost could be less vs. an upgraded PRICELINE win such as you experienced above.

So that's the trade-off... pay a little more now to know what's included OR go for the less cost upfront but not know what will ultimately be included. I understand not the ideal scenario you'd like, but both services provide deep discounts in exchange for being flexible in your plans, and this is part of the flexibility.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]