Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Hartford (Farmington-New Britain) Fairfield Inn And Suites Plainv

stevedesign
By stevedesign,
in

Bidding Strategy. Really wanted this hotel, 2 rooms, 3 nights (Thursday thru Sunday) but saw that the La Quinta advertised rooms for $51/nt ($47 AAA/senior) and this hotel has been reported on other boards. Decided to bid only 1 night as we were having dinner with friends in New Britain the first night and figured we could rough the LQ if necessary and then bid a different zone or star level for the remaining days. I was still optimistic about the Fairfield as PL listed WINNING HOTEL BIDS on their site with a 43% savings which suggests that it could not be the La Quinta. Advanced purchase for the Fairfield had just been added at $79/nt for our dates vs. the standard $99.

Awarded the Fairfield, added a night and then rebid again getting it for the last night too. I started with the $41 price as it had been awarded previously. VERY happy with the bid. BTW, the added cost was only a $13 increase for bidding separately instead of all at once and I felt it was a cheap insurance policy.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $41.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 2

Room Subtotal: $82.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $18.18 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $100.18 (USD) x 3 nights

FYI, I do use Priceline hotel reviews to get a feel for what hotels are generally awarded but had never used Priceline's SEE WINNING HOTEL BIDS feature before last week. Definitely a benefit altho I don't believe they always list the lowest winning bids from what I have seen.

Of course I used the PRICELINE link at the top to bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]