Priceline Hotel: 4* Seoul (Seocho-Gu-Gangnam-Gu) Renaissance

TProphet
By TProphet,
in

Unfortunately the PRICELINE link didn't work from the Chinese computer I was using in Beijing and I didn't have time to figure out why.

Bid 4* at $59 for Gong Nam area. Rejected. There are two other areas in Seoul so I added these at $69 and $79, both rejected. Swallowed hard, added 3* and raised bid to the lucky Chinese number of $88 (yes, I know this is generally a bad strategy, but nobody has ever won a 3* in Seoul so I figured Priceline might be bluffing, and $88 isn't bad for a 3* centrally located hotel on Easter weekend anyway).

Ka-ching! Accepted, and upgraded to 4* - the Renaissance, same hotel everyone else seems to be getting in Seoul. Maybe this is the only one Priceline has. $44.44 in taxes and junk fees added.

Be aware that at this hotel there is a truly outrageous charge for Internet service. There is no toothbrush or toothpaste in the amenity kit - if you take them from the minibar, it will cost you the equivalent of about $15. Minibars are overpriced but this one takes the cake, about $16 for an airline sized bottle of Johnny Walker black. Also, check your bill carefully - there was a ~$30 charge for a breakfast I didn't eat on the bill when I checked out. Be sure to ask the hotel to charge you in local currency rather than dollars - if you let them charge you in dollars it's at a very unfavorable rate and your bank will still nail you with foreign transaction fees anyway.

If you overlook this scammy garbage (typical of Marriott properties), the hotel is a solid 4* property in an excellent location. Priceline bookings earn no Marriott Rewards points, though, so keep this in mind. My status didn't count for anything since I booked through Priceline, but I got a decent room (it wasn't the worst room in the hotel like I'm used to getting when I book through Priceline).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]