Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (South Beach) Holiday Inn

mini__me
By mini__me,
in

Hi there first post from a long time lurker round here :)

Was after a trip in the sun while I'm over from the UK visiting Philly in Nov/Dec, so thought I'd give Miami a go for a few days. First of all checked out hotwire to gauge rough prices, and saw a 3* for $44 a night but I couldn't work out which hotel it was :)

Anyways went off to priceline and tried

• 1 month later...

Hi mini__me

We stayed at the Holiday Inn SoBe last year & will be there again this year. Request a garden room @ check in. They are much nicer. The hotel is nothing fancy, but great for this priceline prices. The pool area is simple, yet nice. Best of all is they have free parking (if you have a rental car) ($20/day value), free beach chairs & umbrellas on the beach ($20/day value). It's a few block walk to everything else in SoBe, but not too bad. There are lots of taxi's if you find yourself quite a ways away & don't want to walk back. There is an Echerds drug store attached to the hotel, a liquor store 1 block north, Subway sandwaich shop across the street, Outback steakhouse attached to the hotel.

Have fun.

I just wanted to add a reply because I have been researching for a hotel in either Miami Beach, SOBE, or Ft Lauderdale (still not sure which area we want to stay in) for a precruise hotel from 11/12-11/14. By what you wrote above I think I have found that Holiday inn on Hotwire (thinking of using the 30 dollar rebate through Entertainment Book) for both nights but I noticed something interesting.

If I booked that three shar through hotwire for both nights in one bid the price was $79 dollars a night, but if I booked it for each night seperately the price was $79 for Saturday,but $46 for Sunday!

I am almost positive that it is the same hotel, as it has the same amenities and star rating. I wonder if it is worth trying to book the nights seperately and if it is the same hotel.

This strategy by the hotels not specifically pricing each day, but instead tagging pricing soley to check in dates is certainly a way to drive up profits if my theory is correct.

Has anyone else tried to split the bid to get the lower price? and has it turned out to be the same exact hotel?

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]