pricebreaker deal misrepresented!

jen318
By jen318,
in

a few days ago i noticed the pricebreaker deal with the link "66% off a 4-star huntington beach hotel easter weekend!". this caught my attention so i clicked on it and it went on to describe the hotel and how its located in huntington beach and a bunch of other information that relates to the hotel and its location in huntington beach. so i clicked "book this deal" and a page that looked the same as if i was bidding on a 4-star hotel in the newport-huntington showed up. however, i just assumed that the hotel would be located in huntington beach because that is what the link advertised. also, i did not bid at all, it was a price that priceline had already picked ($57 or something like that). and what did i find?

i got booked to a hotel in newport beach! and i was pretty angry. so i called priceline and told them about the issue. initially i was pretty calm about it and the guy seemed to have thought it was weird. until he realized that map that pops up and all that bs about the contract and such. I EVEN SAVED A SCREENSHOT of the page and yet both people i spoke with on priceline told me that they could not give me a refund. Also, for this pricebreaker deal the mystery hotel received a hotel guest rating of 9.0, but the newport beach hyatt has a hotel guest rating of 7. something.

i specifically wanted to stay in huntington which is why i clicked on the link for that pricebreaker deal only to get booked to a hotel in newport. i was very appalled with the customer service dept as well as the customer relations department.

does anyone know how i can get my money refunded or at least get a credit for the site?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]