Priceline Hotel: Montreal - bidding help

jules333
By jules333,
in

I have been trying to bid on a 4* hotel in montreal for May 14-16th for 2 rooms. I have been bidding everyday for 3 days using my rebids and have bid upto $97 without success. Why is it costing so much? Others have been successful for $85. How high should I go? Does it make a difference if I bid for 2 rooms at one time? I have also been bidding for a montreal 3.5* hotel for 5/8 for 1 night up to $90 without success. Not sure what I need to do. Thanks.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Rates can vary considerably from day-to-day, especially in major cities. Unfortunately, these dates may be busier and more expensive. What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay? Bidding for 2 rooms should not have an effect.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have had similar troubles for a few days later in May. I read somewhere that the Hyatt is no longer available for dates in May for priceline. I also noticed that the intercontinental and a couple others are not accepting bookings for several dates in may (whether they are fully booked or just closed I don't know).

jules333,

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Fraggle,

If you'd like help with your own stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When will I get some help with my bidding? or any type of advice?
jules333,

... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your stay above.

You needed to reply to this thread in order to put it back in the queue to be reviewed.

Rates are date specific and rates for your particular dates may be a little higher then when others have won for less. As well, we're seeing hotel rates in many markets begin to firm, so many hoteliers may be hoping that this trend continues and are not as willing to discount as deeply in hopes that they'll be able to sell the rooms on their own (at full price).

With the above noted, i don't think you're too far off from a win, have you done any additional bidding? If not, i'd suggest bidding up to your limit ($110... perhaps a little more if you really want a 4* and prefer it vs. a 3.5*). If that is rejected, HOTWIRE has a 3.5* property for $91/nite with just Fitness and Business icons showing. This property matches previous reports for the Le Meridien Versailles so that would be my best guess for this one... although can't be too certain with just these two amenities showing. As well, i belive there is at least one other hotel using this same two-amenity combination, so it could easily be a different hotel then the Le Meridien.

If you want to continue trying for a 4* please confirm your maximum bid (still $110??) and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow... or you can go with the 3.5* HOTWIRE offer above if that is if any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply. I have not bid any further yet. I am still wanting to bid for a 4* as it is for my parent's anniversary. My budget is still $110, please let me know of any strategies that can help us. I will look into the 3.5* if this does not take.

Thanks again.

PRICELINE has recently divided the downtown Montreal zone into two zones:

Convention Center - Old Montreal - Latin Quarter

and

Downtown - City Center

If you look at the map and zone boundaries of each, which of these (or both) are acceptable?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

At the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Convention Center...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and Convention Center...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I gave up trying to get a PRICELINE montreal hotel 3.5* or above for under $110 (with very similar dates to you). I found this deal for a new hotel. The hotel Zero 1, grand opening special $109/n through june.

https://www.luxuryres.com/BookingEngines/V1...n&rate=ZAVR

I will keep trying on HOTWIRE / PRICELINE and cancel if I find something cheaper before the date, but at least I have a room on budget for now. Maybe this will be a good idea for you too.

i haven't stayed at Zero 1 but recently stumbled across it when looking at montreal hotels. i'd examine the place closely if you're seriously considering staying there.

i was initially impressed with it, based on price and the hotel's website photos: it looked slightly chic. however, i followed-up on trip advisor, where it gets fairly high ratings, and was surprised at the photos contributed by travelers. the place looks clean, but the room furniture looked more like something you'd see in college dorm. again, i haven't stayed there so the hotel may be fine...just wanted to point this out.

can you help me identify a 3.5* on hotwire coming up for $85 for 5/14-5/16 for downtown montreal? It has the following amenities: fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, and internet access. There is also a 3* for $79 with bed choice, smoke-free, fitness center, pool, restaurant, and business center. Not having much luck with priceline...thought I would see about hotwire choices. Thanks.

Those are the three, but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked.

My guess is that you accidentally checkmarked the Downtown zone during one of your Convention Center bids... after 24 hours from your last bid i'd start with a 'clean slate' and try it again from the beginning.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

can you help me identify a 3.5* on HOTWIRE coming up for $85 for 5/14-5/16 for downtown montreal? It has the following amenities: fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, and internet access. There is also a 3* for $79 with bed choice, smoke-free, fitness center, pool, restaurant, and business center. Not having much luck with PRICELINE...thought I would see about HOTWIRE choices. Thanks.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll then move this entire thread to that section of the board.

The amenities for the 3.5* properties are common for any city hotel, but the Gouverneur Place Dupuis has previously been seen with this amenity combination so that would be my best guess for this one.

We haven't seen a 3* property reported with the amenities above, but a guess would be the Le Nouvel Hotel with the addition of a new Smoke Free icon.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]