Check In: 05/14/2011

Check Out: 05/17/2011

Total Nights: 3

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $125.00

Subtotal: $375.00

Taxes & Fees: $63.39

Total Charges: $438.39

Well, I have to say, that's expensive for a student :-(

I've been trying to bid a DC hotel (3* and up) for more than one week. Initially we would like to stay there for five nights (5/14-5/18). Arlington, Crystal City, Dupont Circle, White House and Georgetown are all my target zones. It was impossible! Later on, I read a post saying there will be a "police week" event in DC during that time. Then I have to make two choices: bid for further zones (like in Alexandria, Fairfax) vs. shorten my stay and save the budget to bid a closer zone. I decide to go for the second one.

Tonight I see another guy bidding 125 for the Residence Inn Rosslyn in Arlington. I hope I can win something with the same offer. So I bid Arlington at 110, rejected; add a re-bid zone, 120, rejected; add a re-bid zone, 125, DONE!

I am a student and this price is a little high for me (I know the DC market is event driven). The good side is the hotel is very close to a metro station, which will be very convenient. I read many posts from this forum and always use the link to bid. Thanks so much for the help from everybody and good luck to your bidding :)

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the Hilton.

Good to see that you got something during this busy week.

I read many posts from this forum and always use the link to bid.
Please post your wins on the board in the future so all members can gain from the information.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Sorry to hear that the result was more expensive than you'd hoped, which can be a problem when DC is busy. :)

If a hotel includes free breakfast or internet to all customers, then it is included with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE reservations - unfortunately, this property does not offer free breakfast/internet. This is more commonly found with 2.5*/3* properties, and while HOTWIRE does not allow one to find properties with free internet, that service does show an icon with the listing if the hotel does offer free breakfast.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]