Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

sophielaura
By sophielaura,
in

Dear All

I'm looking to book a nice 4* x 2 rooms for a business trip to Chicago 5/21 to 5/26 from UK. Tested Hotwire an only hote lthat comes up is Crowne Plaza. Had several plays with the PRICELINE link from here today, and bid up to $125, and got nothing, evening adding in areas that had no 4*'s so I could keep going.

As somebody from out of US, what price should I be bidding for this time of year? Also, if we added in the airport, is it far into town?

Thanks

John

Good morning.

Have you bid for the River North-NMA area only, or both NMA and Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park?

When I search for two adults for 5/21-26 on HOTWIRE, I'm seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area w/ Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa for $100 (the price you see may vary slightly). This would likely be the Hyatt.

Are you seeing this when searching on HOTWIRE for these dates - if not, how many people are you searching for?

Additionally, given that one of the biggest conventions of the year in Chicago is 5/21-24, I'm really surprised there's as many options/decently priced options as there are when I search.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Morning Aaron

When I bid for one room, I get the one above on Hotwire, however, I need two rooms. Should I gamble and buy twice for one room, hoping to get the same one?

When I bid for two rooms I get Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access - which I guess is the Felix?

Thanks for the help? Oh, is this the Food & Drink Conference?

Kind regards

John

Good morning. :)

I'm also seeing the different listing when searching for 2 rooms this morning - unfortunately, if the potential Hyatt is only showing when one room is searched for, then likely there is only one discounted room in HOTWIRE inventory for that hotel for these dates.

The boutique listing when searching for two for the entire stay could be the Sax or Felix, but I'd lean towards the Felix.

The problem with this stay is really 5/21 (which is the first night of the convention)

If you search for 5/22-26 only for 2 rooms, there is a 3.5* Mag Mile/Streeterville for $95 w/fitness, business, restaurant, internet, pool (likely the Doubletree). However, the few options for 5/21 only are around $300.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

AaronJB can expand further, but the airport to downtown is easy but not convenient, imo.

If there is not a train station near your hotel you would need to take the hotel shuttle (assuming provided) to the airport, then take the train (about an hour) to Downtown... so it's easy in the sense that not a lot of train transfers and such, but not convenient due to the time involved. It's ok as a means to get to/from the aiport/downtown upon your arrival/departure... but not the best choice for daily commuting, imo.

I haven't checked rates for these dates myself, but above AaronJB mentions that the first nite of your stay is likely the issue... how about staying at the airport your first nite, then check out that morning as you take a taxi to Downtown, drop bags off at new hotel in the downtown area (as your room will not likely be ready), attend your meetings, return to the 'new' hotel to check-in and the balance of your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The trip from the airport to downtown is straightforward (there is only one line from O'Hare and you don't have to change, it heads downtown and then it becomes a matter of which station works best for near where you need to be downtown), but that is a long sit on the "L" and not a particularly comfortable ride at all. There were supposed to be plans for a PRICELINE EXPRESS CTA train from downtown to the airports, but unfortunately those plans have not gone forward - as is, the ride from O'Hare to downtown is around 55-60 minutes, more or less depending on time of day and exactly how far into downtown. The ride, while not comfortable, is at least cheap at $2.25.

The idea of staying outside the city the first night and then staying downtown the remainder (as thereuare noted above) is definitely an excellent one. I would not want to have to go from ORD to downtown and back over 5 straight days.

Thanks guys. Been plugging away at this all week, waiting for the right price. This morning on your HOTWIRE link, got the dates I'm looking for and the number of rooms on Hotwire for $100. Assume this is the Hyatt before I book - Smoke Free RoomsFitness CenterRestaurant(s)Business CenterLaundry Facilities (self-service)High-Speed Internet AccessSpa Services - 95% of hotwire customers recommend - Trip Advisor 4/5.

Kind regards

John

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]