Has anyone ever used Easyclicktravel?

ebokee
By ebokee,
in

From this Easy Click Travel thread:

Currently, for most hotels their cancellation policy is 72 hours before check-in date, while for Disney properties i believe it's 5 days before check-in date.

I see you have asked a lot of questions of "has anyone used this site" or "anyone use that site" (which is fine), but you may have better success if you post the details of your stay(s) in the appropriate state category. Over the years we have learned what sites can typically beat the opaque providers in certain areas and when the opaque providers usually provide the best deals... knowing the details of your stay we can offer the best advice and there may also be others on the board that live in or know the area that would be able to help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Being a thick Englishman - could you clarify and confirm that even EasyClickTravels opaque hotels can be cancelled up to 72 hours before departure without penalty?

In other words if I find that the seductively worded description that sounds like the Venetian turns out to be Circus Circus I can cancel? :)

You could view their FAQ page:

How do I change or cancel my hotel reservation?

Our hotel cancellation and change policy is as follows:

o Fee of one-night room charges will be assessed for any cancellation or change made less than 72 hours before check-in date with the exception of the Disney hotels and National Parks. Cancellation Fee of one night stay will be assessed for any cancellation or change made less than 5 days before check-in date at a Disney hotel or 21 days before check-in date at a National Park.

o Fee of full amount paid (NO REFUND) will be assessed for no shows without cancellation or changes made less than 24 hrs prior to check-in date at 3 p.m. EST.

You can cancel by phone at 1-800-442-0568.

Hi Newbie - Yes I did read that, but being used to Hotwire and Priceline policies, I am finding it difficult to believe that they would allow cancellation of the opaque deals - why make them opaque in the first place.

Anyway I assume your reply is a yes!

Cheers :)

yes they are completely inaccurate, they rate ECONOLODGEs in ORLANDO, FL as 2* properties

their ratings are all over the spectrum, there is no savings of money, they want over $100 a night for what they call 3* properties, which aren't even close to being 3*

you know I've been around here awhile thereuare, I wouldn't just make up stuff

plus FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, they're unreliable

"hi I'd like to cancel my reservation"

"ummm are you sure it's still a request sir"

"yes, well sir maybe you should give it a little time"

"I need to know today whether or not I have a reservation"

"we don't know that info. sir"

"well then I have to cancel"

"okay sir"

they sound like they're literally located in a small office at a strip mall

FOR EXAMPLE

July20-21,2005

3.5* Quality Suites East in WDW for $127.88 for a 1 bedroom suite

priceline rates this as a 2* property

if you book the hotel directly it's $125 for a 1 bedroom suite!!!

talk about a bargain!!!

I remember your experiece above... you knew it would take 48 hours to hear back regarding your On Request and you then anyway submit your reservation 2 days before check-in!

Here is a hotel i chose at random:

Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive

EasyClickTravel: $92/nite

You seem to have a strong Priceline bias, but here's another example in which EasyClickTravel beat Priceline (there are others too): Venetian Las Vegas

Is EasyClickTravel always the answer, "no"; are they a viable service which frequently has good rates, "yes".

You are wrong to compare them to Hotels.com (which i don't think has good rates), and although we are an affiliate of Hotels.com as well, you seldom if ever see me mention on this site.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]