Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) Grand Hyatt

romberj
By romberj,
in

I'm looking at hotels in Seattle from 5/28 to 5/30. Hotwire shows a 4.5* for $164/night with restaurant, fitness center, customer fav and best value. From the Hotwire list this looks like the Grand Hyatt or the Sheraton. I've stayed at the Hyatt before and think $164/night is fair for that property but too high for the Sheraton (particularly since it seems available on PL in the low $100s and on the Sheraton website for $150). It's somewhat puzzling that several of the guest comments state that the hotel is close to Pike Place considering that both the Sheraton and Hyatt are 6-7 downtown blocks away (maybe that counts as close if you haven't lived there). Any help is appreciated.

That hotel is showing up at $152 for me (IE - XP). Reviews vary, just like the prices so here are a few more to hopefully help ID it:

My wife and I and another couple had rooms with views of Puget Sound. The hotel itself is very nicely decorated, elegant, and comfortable.

The downtown location is very convenient to many tourist activities and restaurants. The bathroom was the most incredible bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel. The marble and granite, the waterfall bathtub spout, the phone, robe, cotton balls, Q-tips--every comfort you could want is in this bathroom.

On my search one of the comments is "...had a huge bathroom with separate tub and shower...", and from the Hyatt's website:

Over-sized bathrooms with free standing shower and separate bathtub
So from that aspect i would lean towards the Hyatt (without knowing anything about the bathrooms at the Sheraton)

What about what appears to be the Westin for $118?

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of additional help. Please use this HOTWIRE link if you go with that service.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help, the comments about the bathrooms make it pretty certain that it is the Hyatt (having stayed there before the bathrooms are quite large). I'm debating on the Hyatt through Hotwire or perhaps the Westin/Sheraton through PL. I'll let you know what I decide to go with. Thanks again for your help.

Went ahead with Hotwire purchase (linked through this site of course):

Grand Hyatt 4.5* Seattle (Pike Place) 5/28-5/30 showing restaurant, fitness, best value and customer favorite @$146/night. Thanks to all who assisted me with this buy. I got a great deal at my favorite Seattle hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]