Priceline Hotel: Help: San Fran-5/7-5/12-CH/USW/USE 4* or Boutique

Saaamby
By Saaamby,
in

Hello, I came across this nice community this morning. I'm new to Priceline/Hotwire. I read the helpful FAQs on this site. Thanks.

I see the PL bidding process is quite complex!! - that is, to do it "smartly" :)

Could someone over assistance for bidding advice on the following?

City: San Francisco

Areas: CH/USE/USW

Dates: May 7 - May 12

Hotel Stars: 4 or Boutique (I've read some scarry things about 3 star properties and don't want to risk getting a run down Holiday Inn or the like.)

Thanks for your site and for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There are no 4* hotels (or Boutiques) offered in Cathedral Hill, so you're basically looking at USE and USW.

Two questions in order to present a strategy:

1) Are you familiar with and understand PRICELINE RE-BIDDING? (at the 4* level you have 5 re-bid zones available, see if you can figure them out and confirm them with the board... if you're lost/confused just ask for help and we'll take as much time as is necessary to get you to understand it)

2) What is your maximum bid? (no sense in presenting a strategy that goes higher than you wish to bid)

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I see that CH has no 4* hotels - as is the same for CCA, FW, SSF, and SF Airport (yes, total = 5...:). I believe I understand the rebidding process as described in your great FAQs. I just have never been to SF so don't know what to expect.

This is 100% leisure and I will be solo, so walking location in the middle of it all is important. Most important aspect for me is luxury. Question? if one always starts at the low end of the price offer and moves up from there, how does one ever get past the "low end 4* hotels" and get an opportunity to get a confirmation at a upper end 4*? For example, I would imagine that you would most certainly get a hit at some marginal hotels like the DT Marriott or Renaissance Parc 55 well before you get to a price that has any chance of getting you a Ritz or W? Any stategies?

Max bid $145.

Thanks!

The Ritz, Four Seasons, etc are not known or believed to participate with the opaque services, although the W Hotels do. Regarding bidding low and working your way, you can read this thread on the subject: DON'T BID HIGHER FOR A SPECIFIC HOTEL.

If you're ready to bid this is how i would proceed:

Select 4* USE...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did prevously.

Select 4* USW...

Bid $75, if rejected add USE and...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1....

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2....

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone4....

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select USE and USW and re-bid zone5...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110.

I'm fairly confident you will find success with the above, but if for seem reason you reach this point and are not successful post back and we'll continue.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Saamby, I recently stayed in San Francisco (April 24 - 28) at the Hilton in USW. It's a great location my review is at:

San Francisco Hilton Review

I got it for a Priceline bid of $75, but you are down to the wire on this one. Hilton's website shows $189 per night, Travelocity is $197 and it looks like HOTWIRE has it for $115 (customer favorite) Have a great time in S.F, it's a great place to visit - lot's to see!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]