Canada Ottawa Novotel Downtown

MJRBIM
By MJRBIM,
in

An OK hotel near the Byward Market area and Rideau Centre. It's attached to LES SUITES on 5th floor - they share fitness area and pool.

Check-in was smooth, got a very small 3rd floor room (approx. 300 sq.ft) with 2 Double Beds. Beds and furniture were a little old looking and quite cramped into the bedroom area. Nearly a third of the room was taken up by a large well-appointed bathroom - if the rest of the room was as nice as the bathroom it would have been great.

General facilities are good - pool, whirlpool, fitness centre, lobby bar, and breakfast buffet ($12 CDN). Had room service a couple of times and food was good.

Indoor self-parking (with in and out priviliges) is $14 CDN. In-room wired high-speed is $9.95 CDN - or there is free wireless in the lobby only.

Local phone calls are $1.00 CDN each.

All in all, the $57 PL bid was pretty high for what I got and the extra charges for services that are included at other Ottawa PL hotels (ie. internet, phone, etc) can add up.

If I cant get anything else in the $40-50 PL bid range then I'd be OK with this hotel, but I don't think I'd ever choose it if I was paying rack rate..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]