First night free?

tampa
By tampa,
in

Anybody used "Guaranteed Best Available Rate"? It is not only 110% Guarantee.

Days inn group (HOJO, Super8, Ramada...) offers this program and they say that you can get the first night free if you find the same room lower rate on the competing web site.

Does it really work? Is there any hidden charge??

ok details:

Booked Days Inn Lake Buena Vista for $69. at daysinn.com for 5/20 for 2 nights. Orbitz had the same room for $65 a night so I filed a claim for the first night free and received word in 4 hours that my first night is free and the second night would be $69. Total cost for 2 nights is about $78.00 with taxes.

I tried it.. but was denied. The website offered me a "Run of House" room, which was cheaper than the Hotel site's lowest rate for any room, and they claimed that this was not a match, since I could get any room with the site, and only a single with the Hotel????

In other words, I was able to get a the same or better room checper through the web, but not an exact match from the hotel.. even though it would have matched one of their rooms... talk about a catch 22..

And don't forget,, most require the request to made w/in 24 hours of your booking...

Here's what I heard from Ramada

Thank you for contacting the Ramada Customer Service Department regarding the Ramada Guaranteed Best Available Rate. We appreciate your choice of Ramada for your lodging needs.

Please be assured that we have thoroughly reviewed your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the same room type you are booked into with Ramada at the rates you are stating. Please review the Ramada Guaranteed Best Available Rate at

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/best_...guarantee_terms. The room type you have reserved is a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds and Onetravel.com is offering a run of the house room type at the lower rate you provided. We would need to be able to view the same room type on the lower rate website. If you believe there is a discrepancy, please provide us with additional information. We will gladly research this inquiry further.

Book with confidence at www.ramada.com with the Guaranteed Best Available Rate. Enjoy your stay at Ramada.

Sincerely,

Geneva Hagan

Customer Service Representative

"Now according to them.. there were no rooms of a loweer class available for that night, so I would HAVE TO GET a room of better or the same size.... go figure.....

it's not free but the Radisson Worldgate has a $56 rate with EasyClickTravel but on radisson.com the rates are $79 to $109. Radisson offers a lowest rate guarantee that if you find a lower rate they will match it then give you an add'l 25% off. So the end result was a room for $41.81 per night in June. Not bad considering this hotel won 2004/2005 Renovation Property of the Year from Radisson.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]