Hotwire Hotel: 3* Oakland Intl Airport OAK area hotel

SkinAcat
By SkinAcat,
in

Hello Better Bidders. I thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I am taking a trip to CA and HI in late June/July from FOrt Lauderdale and have to find a hotel right near the Oakland airport (OAK) for one night (July 5) before cathcing a plane home in the morning.

I have found the ideal property that offers a free shuttle (no cab fares) to and from the airport but would like to use your collective wisdom to identify it. I checked the existing HOTWIRE hotel list and there are currently NO listings for the Oakland Intl Airport area.

I beleive this to be the Hilton based on an old post ('09) but want to be sure.

3*/$62pn - Airport Shuttle ,Fitness Center,Pool(s,Restaurant(s,Business Center,Laundry Facilities (self-service,High-Speed Internet Access

Any other suggestions very near the airport with shuttle service will be considered.

Thank you again! :)

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Hawaii thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then click this HOTWIRE link and reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at the your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe this is a NEW zone for HOTWIRE... making the Oakland-Alameda zone smaller and splitting off some of the hotels in this this new Airport OAK zone.

While the Hilton is possible, my best guess for this property would be the Red Lion (previously Park Plaza) and i would also consider the Holiday Inn to be a likely candidate as well.

Also, note that the inclusion of a Shuttle icon doesn't indicate that the Shuttle is complimentary, only that one is available (and a few can be charged). In a zone this small i would think most hotels showing the Shuttle icon offer it at no charge, but you should be aware (especially for future purchases) that while usually complimentary, the icon doesn't necessarily indicate that it's free.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate the additional information. This is why this site is invaluable. I did call the front desk for the red lion and confirmed that their shuittle service is complimentary and on call 24hours. I think that this is the most reasonable choice since the rates for the holiday inn and the hilton are much farther from the hotwire rate of $62/n. I dont intend to book until i've booked my flights but will follow up once the booking is complete and the guessing is over. Thanks again.

BTW...the hilton airport (oakland) and the oakland airport holiday inn both offer complimentary shuttle service as well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]