Hotwire Hotel: Washington DC July1-4

niry
By niry,
in

This is our first time on Hotwire and we definitely need your help. We are a family of 4 (3 adults and a 22month old baby), we're looking for a room in Washington DC from July 1 to July 4, 2011. Prefer 4*, else 3.5-3* Looking to pay $90 per night + tax, or less. Any suggestion would be appreciated but near Smithsonian should be perfect.

would like the following amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you go to HOTWIRE and search for your dates, 3adults/1child (or 0child if you choose) do you see anything within your desired star rating, zone(s), budget and with the amenities you're seeking?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, not really. The only thing I found was: Chantilly-Dulles International Airport south area with 3 stars rating and the Alexandria and old town area with 2 stars rating. Which one would you recommend? and do you have any info in regards to the Parking fees?

We really want to book with Hotwire but since it's our first time here, we need to make sure that we're making the right decision. Your help is much appreciated.

Please list the amenities that are showing with each listing. Additionally, Betterbidding has the Hotwire Hotel List for DC, which shows the properties that have been reported to the board. Unfortunately, there is no way to know parking cost until after purchase, although an increasing amount of major city properties do charge for parking.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Chantilly - Dulles Intl Airport IAD South area Hotel

airport shuttle

complimentary breakfast

fitness center

pool

business center

high speed Internet

3 stars, $64 a night

Alexandria and Old Town area Hotel

restaurant

complimentary breakfast

fitness center

pool

laundry

high speed Internet

2 stars, $66 a night

How many adults/children are you including in your search? Is your baby 22 months now or will be that age at the time of your stay?

I'm seeing offers i think are better then the two you've posted above, and if you're able to stretch your budget a little more ($110-$120) i think your options get even better and you can actually stay within the city itself... are you able to stretch your budget at all?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've included 3 adults in my search and the baby will be 22 months in July. Our budget has to be around $90 and I made some research on the parking fee which could be up to 25$. We would like to avoid the parking fee so it doesn't have to be within the city itself. Which offers are you seeing because I couldn't find too many options with the complimentary breakfast. Thanks for the tips.

The options i was referencing didn't include breakfast.

The 3* above is a match for the Hyatt Place Chantilly so that would be my best guess for this one.

For the Alexandria property, the Comfort Inn has previously been seen with these amenities, but at the 2.5* level. I think it may have been downgraded and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread, if necessary we'll move the thread to the correct section of the board once a hotel is won.

The property above matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Express BWI so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]