Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coronado) Loews

mkccn
By mkccn,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board.

You can try taking a look at HOTWIRE to see if you can use the amenities shown to match it with this property as well as use priceline's "Add a Nite" feature.

Was $125 your first bid in this zone? (if not do you recall the highest bid you made in this zone which was rejected before this acceptance)

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Initial dates where for 6/18-6/21 with a Sat. check in.

Rejections as follows:

Point Loma 3* began @ $65 ended at $70

Coronado 4* began @ 100 ended at $140

Downtown 4* began @ 90 emded at $130

Downtown 3* began @80 ended at $100

Acceptance:

Started with Point Loma 3* @105

rebid Miramar @ 115

rebid Coronado 4* @ $125

It was upgraded from a 3* to a 4* because I think Coronado doesn't have any 3*

So I can't say what the bottom line is for Coronado since it was my last entry.

Just to let you know. Priceline counter offered the 21st for $145. Which would average out the room to $132. Looks like the last night was the reason for all those rejections.

The lowest web offering was $185/175.

By the way, Priceline listed this hotel as a 3* (on their summary page) even if they claimed to have upgraded me to a 4*. Be careful in you bid $145 in the Coronado area if you don't want the Loews. Seems to be the low end of their properties.

Hope, this helps anyone else for this area.

You are correct but still Loews is a nice place and actually any location in Cornorado is great and you got a good price. The hotel is lover on the penensula (south of the Cornorado downtown) in the narrow strip where there is not much around except for the bay and across the street, the beach.

We choose this area for the view and it being less congested. The beach wasn't a factor :) because we're actually from Hawaii. We don't like to stay in the city and felt this was a nice compromise, close to attractions, nice hotel and away from the masses (Hotel Circle, Downtown, etc.). Looking forward to our stay there :o

Loews won't accept their "Loews First" (guest recognition program) for priceline customers. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]