Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTC) Club Quarters Midtown

travelt
By travelt,
in

Date:I will be traveling to New York City May 30th - June 6th. (Party of 2). I have 2 more friends that will be arriving on June 2-5. (We were hoping to put all 4 in the same room and I notice that hotwire was suggested for more than 2).

Location:We will be wanting to stay in Midtown West Times Square (MTW?)

or Midtown East Grand Central (MTE?)

Price: One of my companions gets a corporate rate at the Hiltons for about $250 so we are trying to beat that price.

I was thinking of splitting the stays up so as to get a better rate May 30th-June 1st. $150-200.

Can we get a better rate on Hotwire (I can go to that forum if needed) for the 4 of us June 2-5 around $200?

Stars:We only wanted a 4* because we've heard the hotels can be dicy in NYC.

Thanks for your help.

Travel T

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Seattle Hotwire and Rochester threads (post in the threads what you decided for the stays), then reply to this thread and we'll look at your stay above.

Allways follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my friends corporate discount. I don't know if she can get a similar rate at all Hilton brands.She gave me a specific hotel she liked in Midtown as listed below.

Hilton NY - $259

Hilton Times Square - $246

Hilton Garden Inn - $245

She doesn't arrive until June 2nd so that may be a problem. I am trying to decide if I should break into two hotel stays, bidding on PRICELINE on the 1st part of this stay, and HOTWIRE for the 2nd. Do you have any suggestions on bidding,etc? I, of course would love to get a hotel for less than $200 on both parts of the stay.

Travel T

If you decide to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID i'd first consider this...

For 5/30-6/2 HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the MTC zone for $111 with Restaurant, Fitness, Intenrnet icons. This matches previous reports for the Club Quarters Midtown and the Manhattan Centre Hotel so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

While you mentioned above you wanted a 4*, this both of the hotels above have an excellent location and by far is the best bang for your buck on these dates. It may not be the luxurious 4* hotel you were originally seeking, but it i think it'll be perfectly acceptable, and be easy on your wallet. (and for the rest of your stay you can splurge for a higher rated if you decide to do so)

I don't expect this too last very long, so i'd decide if you want to stay here and if you do please use our HOTWIRE link to purchase... if not we'll suggest a PRICELINE strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm trusting you on this one.... I got Club Quarters, Midtown from 5/30 to 6/2 for $111.00 a night. I figured we would have to move but I thought if there were two of us we could get a better deal. Reviews are mixed, they love the location but... Do you want me to post a review after we go?

Of course I'm hooked now so what would be your best strategy fo the four of us the 2nd part of the trip. If we can do better and stay in more of a luxury hotel that would be great. I've seen some that are rated in the top 50 of hotels in New York without any negative reviews...knowing we'd like to keep it under $250.00....

Travel T

Congratulations on your success!

This hotel should suit your needs just fine... like many NYC hotels the rooms can be a bit small, but the location is great, and with the next closest acceptable hotel at $70+ more per nite, this is a great deal (if you're don't like the hotel spend the $70 saved on a nice bottle of win and all will be right in the world again :) )

I'm glad to see you were able to take advantage of this offer.

For the balance of your stay, please start a NEW TOPIC since this thread now reflects your first purchase.

Enjoy this first leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]