Hotwire Hotel: Help Iding 3.5* Times Square - Theater District

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

Hi Yellowdog,

Sorry, I thought it was clear from this post that I had booked the Sheraton...but I will post a follow up as per your request.

From that thread:

April 15, 2010

Update:

Travel dates changed to 7/8 - 7/11 (One day less than originally planned to spend a night at the Shakespeare Festival in Stratford.)

I suspect the HOTWIRE offering listed above is most likely the Sheraton Centre, which is hovering on HOTWIRE around $99 - $103 night, with an extra $6 a night if you want to choose your bedding option.

The Sheraton receives mixed reviews on TA, mainly because it has one older, unrenovated tower that a lot of third party buyers are getting. The newer tower gets good reviews.

Starwood Preferred Guest members on TA said by flashing their cards they were able to get rooms in the newer tower.

I am a SPG member too. I noticed on the Sheraton Website they have a special - Buy one night at $199 and pay your birth year rate for remaining two nights. In our case that means $199 for first night and $58 each the next two nights, for a total of $315 (plus taxes).

At last, it pays to be old!

This rate is about the same (a little less if you count the $6 bedding fee) as HOTWIRE, so I booked it though a special guest member reservationist who confirmed the rate and was able to make extensive notes about my room and location preferences.

The reservation is fully cancellable with no penalty up until the day before check in, so I plan to continue to look for bargains on HOTWIRE over the next couple months.

Unfortunately, this property has not yet been ID'd and may be a new property for the service (it notes "We are Still Gathering Reviews for This Property".) However, I am seeing a 4/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page for the listing, so this property does at least get good reviews.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]