Hotels

amye
By amye,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If I bid on one how do I know it is going to be a nice hotel if I dont know what the name is until after I bid?

We can't answer this since we don't know the name of the hotel you will get.

Start with reading this link: I've never used Priceline or Hotwire

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Also please post your budget/night before tax/fee, preferred rating on the hotel and zone(s) you're willing to stay in if you want to try PRICELINE.

Just post if you have any question.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I'll add to the above that you can look at the hotels reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List and get a feel for the type of hotels which are reported at each star level. As per the comments at the top of the hotel list, the lists should not be considered complete/finite and you could receive a hotel not yet reported to the board and/or a hotel at a different star rating then previously reported as new hotels are added all the time and star ratings are upgraded/downgraded frequently based upon user feedback.

If you're still trepid then HOTWIRE may be a good place to start with the opaque providers as you can at least choose a hotel with a high percentage recommended by previous guests and/or a high Tripadvisor rating (if shown)... so if you do guess the hotel offered incorrectly, at least you have some reassurance that it will still be a 'good' one based upon the reviews showed by HOTWIRE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]