in

15 July 2003

15 June 2003

Resort

Priceline

2 nights

$60 - accepted

Hyatt Regency

I was actually surprised that my first bid was accepted. I guess, in retrospect I should have started a bit lower. Taxes were about another $15. I'm not complaining for only $75/night on the beach. It also is "off season".

PL lists this hotel as a "Resort", but it seemed more like a 3.5* to me. There is not much extra that makes it feel like an all-inclusive resort - no golf course nearby, no tennis courts, etc. Lobby is nothing special. It rained the entire time we were there - that put a "damper" on things. When we checked in we were put on the 3rd floor, but quickly asked for a change and they put us on the 15th floor with a patio and a great view of the ocean which was nice. Great fish tacos across the street.

The hotel is in a nice location tucked at the far end of the Bay. But if you really want to have a nice day at the beach or enjoy a good meal hop into a taxi for the 20 min ride to the Princess Hotel. It's sweet. Best restaurant in town (IMHO) is "El Olvido" - check it out. Leave your golf clubs at home - every course is about $100+ when you add it all up (including mandatory caddy, lunch, etc).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]