Priceline Hotel: Cincinnati 4*, Downtown, 4/8/11-4/11/11

Bil
By Bil,
in

Looking for some assistance. Trying to get a nice hotel for weekend getaway. Tried yesterday to get Downtown (Covington may be an option also as they're very close), starting at $50 and going to $85 with rebids. Was rejected on all.

It seems people are getting good deals on 3.5* hotels. Is there much of difference between 3.5* and 4* hotels in that area? What price should I expect to get a 4* for? What price should I expect to get a 3.5* for?

If I forgot anything, let me know. Newbie to the board.

So I've used the link, went through the rebid process and started for a 3.5* at $45 and went up to $56. Visit dates are 4/8-4/11. Denied.

I wanted either Downtown or Covington.

I really was looking for some pricing guidance so I didn't waste another day. Are my expectations incorrect?

I assume you bid both Downtown and Covington on your previous bids and at the 4* level?

Based upon current rates your budget is too low and it will likely take closer to ~$100+ to be successful for this nite, imo.

What is the best rate you're able to find for a 4* property thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The bids you made are still well under half of prevailing rates, and while we do sometimes see discounts that deep, it's not something that you can necessarily rely on. As well, i just checked two of the 4* hotels in the Downtown zone and both are sold-out for your dates... an indication of high demand; so not only do prices go higher, but the discounts may not be as deep since hotels are in a position to sell many/most of their rooms on their own.

Do you have a back-up plan?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

The only hotel that now seems to come up as a 4* downtown is the Hyatt. The property's in a great location, and the service is good, but unfortunately the hotel is in serious need of a total makeover. Not many Hyatts around in this condition. Usually a $50 bid will be accepted. We even got a room when the hotel was 90% full with a convention.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]