Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Marriott

BEZ
By BEZ,
in

Actual dates in NO are May 19-22. Found out after I bought the plane tickets that there are 3 conventions that weekend, with potentially over 40,000 attendees :)

First tried to make a direct reservation for the Thurs- Sun, and there were literally no cancelable rooms at any 3* or above in Downtown or FQ zones. Hotwire was showing downtown for $188/nt, and Priceline rejected everything up to $175. I realized it was the Saturday night screwing things up.

I'll keep checking back to see if we can get *anything* for the Saturday night in downtown/FQ once the convention blocks are released in late April/early May. With so many convention goers that weekend, I didn't want to get blocked out completely for the weekend, so thought I'd hedge bets by buying Thu/Fri now. We don't mind switching hotels mid stay. Meanwhile, we have a very cheap cancelable reservation at a Garden District hostel for the Saturday. Worst comes to worst we'll stay out drinking til dawn and just use it to store bags and pass out. :o

After getting the Marriott I also realized I probably could have gotten what I think is the Sheraton across the street for $75/nt on Hotwire, but if I had done that I would have been kicking myself for not trying for the French Quarter proper. :)

It's all good. I'm very happy with the location and rate, considering the 3 *s are showing $170 and above booking directly with the hotels for these dates.

Thanks to everyone who posts here, it was great info before I started bidding. (And yes, I used the priceline and HOTWIRE links from the board!)

• 1 month later...

So the original priceline reservation was for May19-21, since we couldn't find availability for Saturday night.

No availability on Hotwire, or on PL up to $140/nt right until we left Thurs morning. No laptop, so checked in at internet cafes until Friday night at midnight, nothing on Hotwire under $250!

Saturday morning, just before checking out, I decided to try once more at the business center in the lobby, and lo and behold, was able to get another two nights at the Marriott via Priceline for $100. We didn't have to check out then back in- just went to the front desk and they re-keyed some cards, and we were good to go til Monday morning.

A little stressful, but all's well that ends well! We loved the hotel and the location was perfect.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]