Priceline Hotel: White House - Downtown

beta7
By beta7,
in

May 13-16

I tried a couple weeks ago for a 4* at $150 and was rejected.

I tried yesterday for a 4* (White House - Downtown) at $150 and was rejected

I tried today for a 4* (White House - Downtown) at $155 and was rejected

I tried today for a 3.5* (White House - Downtown) at $155 and was rejected

I have been using priceline every year for this approximate stretch of days in May since 2006. Its depressing how fast rates are climbing. In 2005 my bid of $80/night was accepted by the Capital Hilton - 2 blocks from the White House. I could stick my head out the window and see the White House. It was amazing. Since then its been steadily increasing and last year I paid $135/night. I can see the skyrocketing trend continues as I'm going to be above $155...but I guess if people are paying it, that's supply and demand for ya!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, rates have headed higher after taking a dip a couple of years ago (although if something in particular is going on on these dates, the particularly high rates may be date-specific in this case.) Sorry to hear that your bids have not yet been accepted. :)

What would be your desired budget per night? Is HOTWIRE showing any options?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

HOTWIRE currently has a 4* hotel for $149/nite in the White House zone with Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis... best guess is the Washington Court Hotel (3.5* rated on PRICELINE)

Would this HOTWIRE offer work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip...when I checked Hotwire the deal was no longer there.

My bids today:

4* (White House - Downtown) at $160 - rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown) at $160 - rejected

4* (Convention Center - Capital Hill and White House - Downtown) at $165 - rejected

3.5* (Convention Center - Capital Hill and White House - Downtown) at $165 - rejected

My bids today:

4* (White House - Downtown) at $170 - rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown) at $175 - rejected

4* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $175 - rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $175 - rejected

Travelocity top secret was in the 290s.... =(

My bids today:

4* (Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $180 - rejected

3.5* (Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $180 - rejected

4* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $185 - rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $185 - rejected

HOTWIRE currently has a 3* hotel in the Dupont Circle zone for $205/nite with:

Boutique , Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

While this isn't the 3.5* you were bidding on, HOTWIRE indicates this property has a 4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating, which is excellent. My best guess is that this is the Hotel Helix or Hotel Rouge... would this HOTWIRE property work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, this will be my 7th year in a row going for police week and using priceline...the price keeps skyrocketing on me! lol

Alright, lost a week or so in bidding - I drove from Ohio to California and back...4900 miles!

Bids today:

4* (White House - Downtown) at $185 - rejected

4* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $190 - rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown) at $190 - rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $195 - rejected

Aaaand just for funsies:

3* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) at $165 - rejected

I remember from previous years that Police Week is a HUGE event and makes getting hotel rooms very difficult.

Currently 3*-4* hotels in the zones you're bidding are in the mid-$300's to mid-$400's... at least at the moment i think it's going to take quite a bit more thank you're bidding.

Do you have any back-up plan or reservation? (even if outside of the city limits)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or check our support page for help in searching for your a cancelable back-up)

As a last result, I'll probably book in Arlington or somewhere outside the district. I stayed in Arlington my first year and it wasn't bad at all. However, the convenience of walking everywhere and not worrying about parking has been great the last 6 years.

Today:

4* (White House - Downtown) - $200 - Rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown) - $200 - Rejected

4* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $200 - Rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $200 - Rejected

3* (White House - Downtown) - $175 - Rejected

3* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $185 - Rejected

Today's bids:

4* (White House - Downtown) - $210 - Rejected

4* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $215 - Rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown) - $210 - Rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $215 - Rejected

3* (White House - Downtown) - $195 - Rejected

3* (White House - Down town and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $205 - Rejected

Today's bids:

4* (White House - Downtown) - $220 - Rejected

4* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $225 - Rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown) - $215 - Rejected

3.5* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $220 - Rejected

3* (White House - Downtown) - $200 - Rejected

3* (White House - Downtown and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $205 - Rejected

2.5* (White House - Downtown) - $175 - Rejected

2.5* (White House - Down town and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $185 - Rejected

2* (White House - Down town) - $170 - Rejected

2* (White House - Down town and Convention Ctr - Capital Hill) - $185 - Rejected

Not sure how high you're willing to go, and i know you mentioned not liking the Dupont Circle zone, but if price is a factor you may want to consider including it to improve your chances a bit.

As a point of reference, HOTWIRE does have a 4.5* property in this zone (believed to be the Fairfax at Embassy Row) for $276/nite, if that works for your plans.

Thanks for keeping us updated and using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding, searches and purchases.

Good luck.

I'm also looking for bid suggestions for the same weekend (May 13-15) but my budget is within $100 for at least 3*.

Based on the bids you provided I assume that it won't be possible for White House - Downtown zone, so I'd like to ask for suggestion in what other zones to choose.

My first priority is to be near metro, preferably close to the red line since I'll be riding the MARC train from and to BWI.

The next amenity I am looking for is complimentary breakfast, but not as important as the location and the budget.

This is my first time bidding on either Hotwire or Priceline so any advice is appreciated!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]