Priceline Hotel: $70 or below for 3-4* in Richmond / YVR area hotel room between 7

vitasoy1437
By vitasoy1437,
in

I'll be staying from 07/21 - 26. I am trying to get a 4* room for $90 or less w/ the priceline fees included. Not sure how the bidding rates are for them in YVR. I am fine with a 3 or 3.5* hotel as well if it is about $70 or below w/ the fees included. From past experiences, PL charges like $10-20 fees correct?

I'll be staying from 07/21 - 26. I am trying to get a 4* room for $90 or less w/ the priceline fees included.
This would be about a $71 maximum bid.
I am fine with a 3 or 3.5* hotel as well if it is about $70 or below w/ the fees included. From past experiences, PL charges like $10-20 fees correct?
This would be a maximum bid of ~$55/nite.

Which would you prefer to try for first... a nicer 4* or a less expensive 3.5*/3*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* YVR...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The star rating you select is the minimum you are willing to accept, and PRICELINE will always check to see if they can upgrade the star level you have chose... so 3.5* and 4* hotels were also checked on your previous 3* bid.

If $55 is still your maximum bid you can re-try in 24 hours:

Select 3* YVR...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

When I checked a few weeks ago, it was about $80+ for a 2.5* not including taxes and fees.

I was told by a friend that whole houses with master bedrooms and regular bedrooms are available for rent for a few hundred dollars, and it could be split among a few friends of hers. That might be my alternative, because it is cheaper than a regular hotel room.

If you've bid up to your limit there isn't much more you an do besides:

-wait it out and try again

-increase your bid price

-lower your star rating

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]