Hotwire Hotel: 3* South Bend-Notre Dame-Mishawaka Jameson Inn

bluedevils
By bluedevils,
in

Weds April 6, 2 adults. $41 rate.

3* hotel, amenities listed on Hotwire.com are Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet. Trip Advisor reviews are 3.5 star average.

Betterbidding.com lists only one 3* hotel, Hyatt Place, in South Bend - Notre Dame - Mishawaka. But the Trip Advisor ratings average and amenities do not match up with Hyatt Place. They DO match up with Jameson Inn, which is listed on Betterbidding.com as 2.5*.

Any guesses on this?

turns out this was indeed the Jameson Inn :)

Can't complain for the price, but it is disappointing to see Jameson Inn billed as a 3* when the Trip Advisor reviews seem to state clearly that it is inferior to Hyatt Place.

Sorry the booking was not done via this site; it was made by a relative and I was not able to place it myself.

The fact HOTWIRE has lower standards than PRICELINE is one reason I prefer PL over HW. The Jameson Inn is listed as a 2.5* hotel every place else throughout the state -- this is the first time I have seen a Jameson Inn listed as a 3* -- I would like to know Hotwire's rational for upgrading an older property. I live in South Bend and there is no way I would put the Jameson Inn in the same category of new, nicer hotels such as Hyatt Place, Staybridge Suites and the Fairfield Inn & Suites across from the University of Notre Dame. In retrospect, I think the low (60% customer recommendation) should have been a red flag.

The good news for you is that the Jameson Inn has a very good Chinese restaurant right next door. Enjoy your stay in South Bend!

Howie, the bright side for me is that I'm not personally staying on this reservation; it was booked by a family member even though I told him it was possible that this was the Jameson Inn. For $42, they are satisfied so it's not all that bad of a result, but it would have been much nicer if they have Hyatt Place instead.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]