Priceline Hotel: Bidding help, Loop or NMA, 6/9-6/14, 4*$170 failed

PooDonkey
By PooDonkey,
in

Hey guys. I'm taking my family up to Chicago on Thursday 6/9-Tuesday 6/14. I would like to stay at either the NMA or Loop areas downtown but I've extremely unsuccessful with my bids.

I've bid up to $170 for a 4*, and I've bid up to $140 for a 3*, unsuccessfully.

1. Is there something special going on this weekend?

2. Should I wait until closer to bid again?

3. Should I try and split up my dates?

$170/night is more than I wanted to pay anyway, and I'm hesitant to bid any higher.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Jun 9-12

Chicago Blues Festival

Grant Park

Public

Then on the 6/13-6/15 starts a convention with 40,000 attendees.

Would you consider SPLITTING YOUR BID, staying a few days inside the city and a few days on the outskirts?

Let us know your thoughts as well as other options you may have and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the accommodation in Chicago is getting harder to bid for? :)

Seems like there are a lot of conventions being hosted there shortly. Maybe it's due to the summer peak coming up, but I've noticed hotel rates are on the climb and Priceline bids are harder to get.

It's also Old Town Arts Fair weekend, and the Red Sox are playing the Cubs at Wrigley for the first time, and a lot of Boston fans will be there. I have a group of seven guys going out there that weekend; we ended up renting apartments because of the lack of hotel space....

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]