Priceline Hotel: Advice on getting Residence Inn Galaria St Louis

LondonBlue
By LondonBlue,
in

I have a reservation for Aug 5-10th at the Residence Inn Galaria St Louis through the Residence Inn website for $159/night. I am wondering if I could get a better rate from Priceline. From my research, I think it's a 2.5 class property in the Forest Park/Clayton area. What rate would be the best one to start off bidding? $60? $70? Keep in mind, I am traveling during summer tourist season. Thanks.

I really wanted the Residence Inn Gallaria since it offers free parking, breakfast and spacious rooms. Also, it's next to the mall and restaurants. My husband will be gone all day for 5 days attending a review course. I will be 7 months pregnant by then and thought it would be the best place to stay to keep myself occupied.

On the TOBB.com website, they have some St. Louis hotels listed according to star rating and neighborhood and this hotel is the only one listed under its category. I still feel it's risky to try for it on priceline because I know new hotels pop up all the time.

• 1 month later...

I've stayed at this property twice using priceline for bids. The magic number seems to be $47 per night.

There are very few properties in the Clayton zone. This is the only one (to my knowledge) that is available using the 2.5* rating.

I would think it would be very safe to bid.

Ace

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]