Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Sheraton

diadem
By diadem,
in

I would not want to win the Westin either... It is beyond my comprehension why PRICELINE has it in the 4* category.

I don't know what the OP's issue is with the Westin, i' stayed there quite a few years ago and had a great stay. I was in the hotel as recently as last summer visiting a friend, lobby still was clean and well laid out, and he said his room was good as well. I just checked four major booking sites and all rate this property 4*, so i don't think PRICELINE is out of line with their star rating. Because i have always had good thoughts of this property i did try to read some recent reviews and anything negative i could find was mostly related to additional fees for internet, parking etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The OP probably read the same reviews I did. I am fully aware that in a downtown hotle anywhere I will likely have to pay for internet and parking. Those are not my concerns at all. As with many hotels, it seems like the Westin gives its unrenovated rooms to the Priceline guests. I have read quite a few complaints of stained carpet, and rooms in desparate need of updating. Maybe I am not well-travelled enough, but if I was staying in a 4* hotel, I would expect my room to be virtually spotless. To me, if I hotel is going to give its worst rooms to Priceline guests, then the star rating should be based on those rooms and not on the rooms full paying customers get.

I was mostly making a joke based on a number of reviews I read here on the board before bidding about un-renovated rooms being given to Priceline folks. Nothing too serious. I haven't stayed at the Westin in Seattle for something like 10 years(?).... It wasn't my favorite hotel then and I'm happy with my win is all and wanted to share so people knew I'd read reviews as well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]