Hotwire Hotel: 3* Indianapolis (Fishers-Northeast) Staybridge Suites

Howie763
By Howie763,
in

Hello, short-time follower, first-time poster.

DATES OF TRAVEL: April 2-5, 2011 for 2 adults and 2 children (1 room)

Hotel A: 3* Keystone - Carmel area Hotel ($52) -- Recommended = 90%

AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant (My guesses are the Doubletree or Four Points)

Hotel B: 3* Fishers - NE Indianapolis area Hotel ($60) -- Recommended = 95% (NOTE: This hotel does not always show up when requesting 1 room...I will also accept 2 rooms)

AMENITIES: Suite, Comp breakfast, Fitness center, pool, Restaurant, Bus Ctr, Laundry and Hi-Speed net (My guess is the Staybridge Suites)

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Hotel B: 3* Fishers - NE Indianapolis area Hotel ($60)

I can't get the same hotel to appear on my search for 2 adults/2 children. Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I just noticed that and edited my search to include 1 or 2 rooms...thank you.

Ok, to clarify I just performed the following search and selected the following areas: Indy Downtown, Keystone/Carmel and Fishers/NE Indy. Both of the hotels I show below were listed using the following criteria:

DATES OF TRAVEL: April 2-5, 2011 for 2 adults and 2 children (2 rooms)

Hotel A: 3* Keystone - Carmel area Hotel ($52) -- Recommended = 90%

AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant (My guesses are the Doubletree or Four Points)

Hotel B: 3* Fishers - NE Indianapolis area Hotel ($60) -- Recommended = 95% (NOTE: This hotel does not always show up -- so I alternate using 1 or 2 rooms)

AMENITIES: Suite, Comp breakfast, Fitness center, pool, Restaurant, Bus Ctr, Laundry and Hi-Speed net (My guess is the Staybridge Suites)

The amenity combination associated with the Keystone property have previously been seen to be associated with the Doubletree Guest Suites so that would be my best guess for this one. The Four Points has not yet been reported to the board since their conversion from the Radisson, but when the Radisson was reported it used a different amenity set then this. I'll also add that the Sheraton has been seen with this amenity combination as well, but at the 3.5* level. There's no report/evidence of a downgrade, but i mention it just as an outside chance that it has been downgraded since last reported to the board.

For the 2nd hotel, if you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above? If you also see a Tennis and Kitchenette icon (you won't see these unless you try clicking the 'See all' link) then i would agree the best guess is the Staybrdige Suites.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

NOTE: I was not able to edit my post -- I wanted to change the title to reflect the hotel, dates of travel and rates.

Staybridge Suites - Indianapolis/Fishers, IN $63

April 2-5, 2011

3 Rooms / 3 Nights /6 guests total (NOTE: This hotel did not appear as an option if more than 6 guests were selected...but all rooms at this hotel can accommodate at least four people with a bed and pullout sofa.)

Total includes taxes & fees = $664.98

The web rate for a standard room is $117 -- the rate I received represents a savings of over 40%!

AMENITIES: Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-Speed Internet Access, Tennis, Kitchenette

I am very happy to receive this hotel, especially based on the positive Hotwire satisfaction rating (95%) and very favorable Trip Advisor reviews! :)

THANK YOU thereuare for your assistance! I used the BB HOTWIRE link to make the reservation.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal and are happy with the results, hopefully this will work out well for your group. When staying a hotel with a complimentary breakfast i always like being with a large group as it makes for a nice way to start the morning with everyone.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...but it is available for the last two days of my date at $56...arrrgh!! I played around with different date combinations last night and did not see rate less than $60 offered.

So this tells me the hotel has more rooms available and 4/3 & 4/4. I guess this also raises the question as to the best time to purchase on Hotwire? On Priceline, I have usually found the best deals 1-3 days prior to my arrival date.

I wouldn't read too much into the above...

1) you're lucky to have purchased when you did as you need 3 nites and this hotel is no longer offered for all 3 nites

2) HOTWIRE fluctuates their prices so that the $58 offer in the zone isn't always Hotel A and the $63 offer isn't always Hotel B. The price difference may just be due to normal search variance and not necessarily a change in demand (although the disappearance of this hotel for 3 nites is certainly a change in demand)

3) with HOTWIRE if you see a good deal, take it, as it may not be avaiable in the hours, days, weeks ahead... don't worry about potentially leaving $5/nite on the table, instead focus on the $50/nite savings :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]