Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Convention Center) Sheraton

Roadtrippers
By Roadtrippers,
in

Same day bidding. I originally tried 4 star and boutique level throughout the city for up to $150 and was rejected.

Tried 3 star in CBD for $100 and was rejected.

Increased to $120 and added convention center. Was accepted at 3 stars and was upgraded to 4 stars, Sheraton. With tax included, $146.86. A great deal as the city is shut down for Jazz Fest.

I am not sure how it worked out this way, since my four star bidding should have included the $120 for 4 stars in the Convention Ctr.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Only explanations on your upgrade (after a previously rejected bid at that level) is:

-you hadn't included the Convention Center zone in prior bids

-glitch in Priceline's system, although this seems unlikely since you made multiple bids at $120 and above

-hotel inventory changed between your 4* and 3* bidding (i know this doesn't seem plausible, but inventory has to change at some point so it's bound to have every now and then)

Regardless, consider youself lucky!

Enjoy your stay and jazzfest.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]