Hotwire Hotel: 4*NYC 06/18 - 06/22

jdelroy
By jdelroy,
in

Hi there,

I'm totally new to all of this. Am looking to stay in the midtown west area to use as a jumping point for further exploration. I am a little nervous about giving my info out without knowing what I'll get...but it seems worth it for the savings! Can I get a 4* in this area for under $140 (less is better as I'm coming from north of the border with my monopoly money!)? if not, are there good 3*s? is one of these sites (priceline or hotwire) better than the other? help!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not so sure you'll have success at $140 at a 4* or a 3* based upon current prices. We can suggest a strategy to try, but i would first recommend expanding your options beyond only the MTW zone. Most 'tourists' will do fine with MTE, MTW, or UM/CPS... NYC mass transit is great and nothing is too far away. You can learn more about the different NYC zones in this thread: NYC ZONE DESCRIPTIONS

If you don't yet have a good cancellable back-up, i'd recommend the Eastgate Tower for $165/nite (if your budget allows). The reviews are very good and you're about a 6-7 minute walk to Grand Central Station which will take you just about anywhere you want to go in NYC.

Let us know if you're willing to look beyond the MTW zone and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks! definitely willing to expand to different areas. I am actually staying in MTW on business from the 23rd to the 26th, so moving from there for the previous part of the trip would probably be a good idea! When you say book the other place as a backup... are you suggesting bidding for that as well, or would that be a straight book with the hotel... sorry if that's a silly question. I really am new!

any and all help is much appreciated!

You can use THIS LINK to book the hotel mentioned above as a back-up for $165/nite.

If you want to try bidding this up to your $140 limit this is how i would proceed:

You have 2 re-bids at the 4* level and 1 re-bid at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140.

(I misread your original post and thought you were looking for a 4* or 3* hotel... so you don't need to bid for a 3* just yet if you don't want to, but i already typed it all out so i figured i'd leave it anyway):

If rejected close browser in order to try for 3*....

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1....

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1....

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1....

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

So far no luck on the bidding... but, I have booked the Eastgate (through your link) as a back up. I will keep trying. On the hotwire site, the best locations are the MTE and MTS I would assume? If anyone has any new suggestions on hotels for this time period, bring them on!

thanks so much!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]