Hotwire Hotel: Washington DC

dnh
By dnh,
in

This is my first time using Hotwire and I'm not sure how this all works. I'm looking for a hotel in a good part of Washington, DC with an indoor pool, breakfast that is close to the National Mall. Any suggestions and I don't undestand how you know what hotel you are bidding on when they don't tell you the name.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't seen it yet, this is a good place to begin: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your desired star rating and budget?

If you got to HOTWIRE does anything appear within your desired zone, star rating and budget choices which shows a Complimentary Breakfast icon? (indicated by the Coffee Cup icon) If so, what are the full list of amenities associated with the property?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates are March 28-April 1. I would like a 3 star or better and hoping to get for around $100 or less (if possible). It will be my husband and I and two children so I need two beds. How can you tell if they have an indoor pool or outdoor pool? thanks

This is what came up: Arlington area hotel (1.2-6.1 mi from city center) breakfast, fitness, pool, business center, hs internet

Also, how would I know if they offer a shuttle service to a metro station because we also need that.

I no longer see that offer. I am searching for 1 room two adults and two children. Here are a couple of other if you could please try to identify.

Reston-Sterling-Dulles Intl Airport IAD North area hotel

95% recommended

smoke free rooms

airport shuttle

complimentary breakfast

fitness center

pool

business center

high speed internet

3* for $75

Alexandria and Old Town area otel

90% recommended

smoke free

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

laundry

high speed internet

4* for $76

Arlington area hotel

90% recommended

smoke free

shuttle

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

3 1/2* for $66

Are you sure you entered the correct dates on your last search, 3/28-4/1, 1room/2adults/2children... as i'm not seeing any of these properties above offered when searching HOTWIRE for your parameters.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm still not seeing any of these.

Here are three with dates March 28-April 1 trying to identify hotel

Reston-Sterling-Dulles Intl Airort IAD North Area Hotel

85% recommended

smoke free rooms

shuttle

pool

restraurant

business center 31/2 * for $79

Reston-Sterling-Dulles Intl Airort IAD North Area Hotel

90% recommended

smoke free

fitness center

pool

laundry

internet

3* for $69

Chantilly-Dulles Intl Airport IAD South Area Hotel

90% recommended

shuttle

fittness

pool

restaurant

business center

internet

4* for $122

Also, does the price keep going down the closer I get to my dates? Thanks

There is no way to know if the price will fall closer to your dates; it could certainly go up, and if it does, it can ramp up suddenly. Or listings may disappear/change.

The 4* Chantilly is a possible match for the Westin or Sheraton. My guess for the 3* Reston would be the Aloft. The 3.5* has not yet been ID'd, but may be the Sheraton with a slightly different amenity set.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The dates are 3/28-4/1

Reston-Sterling Dulles Intl Airport IAD North area Hotel

90% recommended

shuttle

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

laundry

high speed internet

golf nearby

3* for $58

Arlington are hotel

90% recommended

breakfast

fitness

pool

business center

high speed internet

2* for $96

Chantilly Dulles Intl Airport IAD South area Hotel

95% recommened

shuttle

smoke free

breakfast

business center

laundry

high speed internet

near golf

3* for $74

Thanks

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]