Priceline Hotel: Resort Cancun-Cozumel (Downtown and Beaches) Omni

tonic
By tonic,
in

Dates: 5/29/05-06/01/05

Hotel Description: 3 star

Selected amenities include: Beachfront, Restaurant(s), Pool(s).

Price: $77

Any ideas what this may be? The description doesnt help that much..

Any guess if its near the top or bottom of the hotel zone? :)

Thanks!

Dates: 5/29/05-06/01/05

Hotel :2.5 Stars

Selected amenities include: Beachfront, Food and Beverages Included, Water Sports/Ocean Activities Included, Evening Entertainment Included, Daily Activities Included, Pool(s), Children's Activity Program, Laundry Facilities (self-service).

Price: 105 (All Inclusive)

Anyone have ideas on which hotel this is? Trying to decide if this is a better option then the 3 star one for 77. Not a huge fan of all inclusive, but it seems cheap.

I've used priceline for purchasing airline tickets before, but never hotels. So I am a bit nervous :)

My husband and I need a hotel from 5/29/05-6/1/05 in Cancun. We would prefer to be on the beach. Priceline lets me pick the area (Downtown and beach) and then the category.

Here are my questions:

1) Is there a chance I would end up with a downtown hotel? How can I avoid this?

2) Should I only bid for resorts to make sure I end up at a hotel on the beach?

Also.. anyone have a suggestion for starting prices? Hotwire ranges from 77+ for a 3 star hotel (not a resort) to 128 (4 star). The rest are all inclusive which we dont want.

We keep all requests for the same stay in the same thread, it makes following a user's options much easier to see (when playing HOTWIRE against priceline) and keeps the board much 'neater'. Usually when a user has two active threads for the same dates, they usually only update the one in which they 'won', leaving the other thread unresolved with future readers having no idea if the user was ultimately successful in getting a room.

Just keep all posts for this date in this thread and if hotwire is ultimately used we'll move the thread to that section of the board.

The hotel you receive can be anywhere in the shaded region you choose, so if the shaded region includes downtown than you could end up there.

As far as Resorts, priceline (as of this writing) states:

Those resorts in coastal areas will feature beachfront access.
(emphasis added by me)

So bidding Resort does not indicate that you will receive a hotel on the beach, only that it will have Beachfront access.

HOTWIRE, using their amenity icons, differentiates between Beachfront and Beach Access at all star categories.

We can help with a suggested bidding strategy but you'll need to let us know what you decide regarding star level as well as your maximum bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Alright. I don't really want anything fancy in cancun, just a place on the beach. (so beachfront over beach access). So I guess star level 2 at the lowest. Also.. I would prefer max of 75, but that may be too low for that time of the month since its a holiday on the 29th. Thanks for the info about priceline.

Well here is an update. Dates changed to 5/30-6/1 (removed one night).

Did low ball bid for fun on priceline. $50 for resort level in cancun (downtown/beach). It was rejected :)

My husband then tried. $70 for resort level in cancun (downtown/beach). It was rejected.

I guess will either try again in 72 hours.

I may just go with the Sheraton since its ~93 on priceline. With my last bid.. I am getting close to that price.

If I rebid with Priceline, do the rejections mean that I should go higher then 70 or does it just mean at the current time no one would take that bid?

At the current time there are no hotels able to accept your offer.

I know you're not looking for anything fancy, but i would be careful of bidding anything opaque below the 3* level in Mexico (just my own thoughts).

You may also want to check out EasyClickTravel as i just did a search there and they have quite a few cancun properties in the sub-$100 range... maybe there is somthing there that will work out well for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another update for the dates 5/30-6/1

Bid $75 for Resort Level (Cancun Downtown/Beach) and it was rejected.

Bid $85 for Resort Level (Cancun Downtown/Beach) and it was ACCEPTED!! We ended up at the Omni Cancun Hotel And Villas. Prices on Orbitze were ~129/night.. so hopefully this is a decent deal.

Thanks for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]