Priceline Hotel: 3* Charleston (Mt Pleasant-Isle Palms) Holiday Inn

enviro
By enviro,
in

Would the Hilton be three stars? I would have thought it was four.

Wondering also if a Days Inn would be two or three stars (seen lots of bad reviews for the Days Inn at Patriots Point on TripAdvisor, so I want to stay away from that.

Stayed at a Best Western at Patriot's Point...wondering if that could also be a three star candidate.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much. What a great bulletin board.

Would the Hilton be three stars? I would have thought it was four.

I don't disagree with you on this. thereuare, can you let us know why you thought it might be the Hilton at the 3* level in the previous post?

Wondering also if a Days Inn would be two or three stars (seen lots of bad reviews for the Days Inn at Patriots Point on TripAdvisor, so I want to stay away from that.

I would guess the Days Inn would rate lower - as a 2 or 2.5* but thereuare might know of exceptions? Expedia rates the one at Patriot's Point as a 2*.

Stayed at a Best Western at Patriot's Point...wondering if that could also be a three star candidate.

Some BW properties can be rated as 3* (they seem to vary a lot in terms of quality and amenities), but that BW at Patriot's Point is rated as a 2 star by Orbitz and Expedia

We stayed at the Days Inn on Patriots Point in March and it wasn't too bad. For $55/night I think it was fine. We switched rooms, but the one we ended up with had a 32 inch TV, a micro fridge and a microwave. If you don't pay more than $50-$60 it would be a fine choice, but not for much more. I doubt it would be this hotel, because their rates for that time are around $58-$60/night, so why would Priceline have it for $76? Wait, how do you have a price if you're using Priceline? Is that what you bid? I'm looking at the same one on Hotwire for the end of June. Make sure you let me know if you get it :) Thanks!

Just got a reservation at the Mount Pleasant Holiday Inn on Priceline for a $60 bid ($70.05 total with taxes and fee). I bid $40 and then $55 for 2* and up, but didn't get an acceptance until I kicked it up to $60. I'll let you know how the place is.

My original message wondering about what was the 3* E of Cooper was actually for a Hotwire search; I'm sorry that message ended up in the Priceline thread. I didn't realize I'd done that until I checked for replies today. Anyway, thanks for your help, everyone.

Congratulations on your win.

Not a problem posting in the wrong forum, we can always move threads from one forum to another easily, and maybe this was fate since you ultimately had success with priceline. :)

Is this Holiday Inn rated 2* or were you upgraded (it will say so on your Priceline winning bid screen)... 2* seems low for a Holiday Inn property. Also, can you tell us the priceline zone that this hotel is in?

Thanks, and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I was upgraded...the Holiday Inn is a 3* property. The Priceline zone is Mount Pleasant/Isle of Palms (the equivalent location on Hotwire is E of the Cooper).

Also, I noticed a little typo in my other message....the total price with my $60 bid comes to $75.05, not $70.05. On Hotwire, the price I'd found for a 3* E of the Cooper hotel (which could very well be this same Holiday Inn) was $75 before the taxes. With the taxes, it would have been $89 and change. So, without really knowing if it is the same hotel, it looks like Priceline gets you a better price in this case. Is that generally true?

Yes, generally speaking Priceline is a little less expensive than HOTWIRE (however with the current Entertainment Book rebate and $10 off for new users hotwire has become much more competitive and when eligible discounts are included can often be cheaper. It makes sense that hotwire should cost a little more than priceline from the standpoint that you are able to know a little bit more about the property and what amenties are offered... it's a bit less opaque.

Is this the Holiday Inn at 250 JOHNNIE DODDS BLVD, HWY 17 in Mt. Pleasant?

Enjoy your stay and thank you for adding this property to our lists.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's not in conjunction with Entertainment Rates, it's a rebate for a Hotwire purchase.

It is discussed in this thread: HOTWIRE REBATE COUPON

Please note that even if you want to use the link on the rebate form, you can help out this site by clicking this HOTWIRE link before going to the designated url.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]