Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Airport O'Hare ORD) Hilton

gan_giao
By gan_giao,
in

My parents are visiting me around mid May and we plan to stay at Chicago on 5/14 and 5/19. We will need two 4* rooms. The zone preference is NMA->RNA->The Loop. My budget is around $80 per room per nite. I need some help on the starting price of my bid.

I am quite pessimistic since there is a convention going on:

May 14-20

Digestive Disease Week

Lakeside Center at McCormick Place

Delegates: 14,000

If my budget is too low, I think 3* is also ok. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is two individual nites (the 14th and 19th) and not a continuous stay?

We have seen others bid for dates within this timeframe and it is indeed a difficult time due to the convention.

If not successful at $85 or less, what will you do? (cancel your stay(s), choose alternate zone, lower star rating, raise bid?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes. it is two separate day. here is the bid I tried

4* NMA for 85 - fail

4* rebid NMA + Lincoln park for 90 - fail

4* rebid NMA + Midway for 95 - fail

4* rebid NMA + Evanston for 100 - fail

And I checked the Hyatt rate for 5/14. All three Hyatt near downtown are all sold out!!!

I am trying RNA right now. :)

I finally decided to bid a 4* hotel at ORD

4* 1st bid: $45

4* 2nd bid: $58 accepted (Price asked me to raise my price by $13 and I can rebid right away)

Hilton Chicago Ohare Airport

Check-In Date: Saturday, May 14, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, May 15, 2005

guess I am ok with that since the lowest price on hilton's website is $144.

Price on NMA is crazy!! Thereuare, thanks anyway.

As for the 19th... the restaurant show runs from the 21st to the 24th this year and is one of the two or three biggest Chicago conventions every year. A lot of people will come in a day or two early, so it's no surprise if the 19th is tight.

A 14,000 convention doesn't really show up on the radar in Chicago, although it is ironic that something called "Digestive Disease Week" takes place immediately before the restaurant show. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]