Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere-Logan BOS) Hilton Airport

mzjones34
By mzjones34,
in

2 rounds of bidding...

My goal was to get a 4* in the Back Bay/Copley or Cambridge area for $75 or less. I did a lot of bidding, that went something like this...

$60 bid Back Bay/Copley, rejected

$65 re-bid, added Cambridge (although no 4*), rejected

$70 re-bid, added Brookline (no 4*), rejected

$75 re-bid, added another no-4* area, rejected

$80 re-bid, added another no-4* area, rejected

Called it quits... changed my goal: Get a 4* at the airport or Back Bay for $59 or less. 2nd round of bidding went something like this...

$50 bid airport, rejected

$55 re-bid, added Bay Bay, rejected

$57 re-bid, added cambridge, rejected

$59 re-bid, added brookline, rejected

----> paused... Hotwire had a 4* at the airport for $59... looked up the specs on Expedia to see if anything came close to what Hotwire was offering... looked very likely that it would be the Airport Wyndham, which had dropped it's price down to the $65-range for the dates I wanted. The hotel met all the amenities. Also, in my experience, Hotwire seems to have a connection with Wyndham (booked one in New Jersey). Unfortunately, I definitely didn't want the Airport Wyndham and didn't want to take the risk. The next best thing on Hotwire was a $72 hotel in cambridge... which I'm sure was the Royal Sonesta (I got that last time on Hotwire; same amenities).

So, I figured my best best was to continue on priceline, figuring my chances were less at getting the Wyndham or Royal S.

$61 re-bid, added another no-4* area, ACCEPTED!

Hilton Logan International Airport

I'm a little skeptical because this hotel is actually IN the airport; but the reviews I've seen are pretty positive or neutral. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help!

Nice job of 'sticking with it' and staying diciplined.

Thanks for posting all the details and the thought process that went along with it. I think posts like yours are great because too often newbies only see "XZY hotel for $xx" and get discouraged when they don't have success on their first bid attempt. Your post shows that sometimes it takes some effort, but in the end, the savings usually justify the means.

Thanks again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]