Priceline Hotel: 4-4.5* July 28-31

mustang222
By mustang222,
in

My advice is to start bidding as soon as you know you are definitely staying. Since you have two couples (4 people who should each have separate PL accounts), you can bid every day between now and then. Start at the low end of the reasonable and acceptable price range and then only start going up as your date approaches. That is my humble advice.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I agree that early is better as long as 1) your plans are firm and 2) you don't overbid... but here is an entire thread on the subject: SHOULD I BID EARLY or LATE TO ARRIVAL?

Are you getting two rooms for the 4 of you? Do you have a maximum bid in mind?

Let us know the answers to the above and when you're ready to bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A good example of why somebody else's stay (for different dates) often has little to do with your own, but in your instance in it's in your favor...

If you search on HOTWIRE there is a 4* hotel in the Mag Mile zone (believed to be the Hyatt or Westin) for only $89... so we'll use this for your maximum bid rather than the $126 from another post.

When bidding 4* in Chicago you have 3 re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask any questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure.

Select 4* NMA

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and re-bid zone3...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85.

If the above fails i would take the HOTWIRE offer (and please use this link to begin your purchase).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Found 4.5*hotel for $185

N. Mich. Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast

Amenities: Rest.,Fit. Center,High-speed internet,Bus. Center

Does anyone have an idea which hotel this is? There is also a 4* for $127w/ same amenities.

I assume this may be the Hyatt.

Also a customer fav. 4* mag. mile/Wacker Dr. for $90. Amenities: restaurant,fitness center, business center. Best Value.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Found a 4.5 NMA/WT/GC for $185.

Amenities are: Rest, Fit. Ctr, High-Spd Internet, Business Center

Dates are 7/28-7/31

Does anyone have an idea of which hotel this might be?

There is 4* same amenities and Cust. Fav. that I assume is the Hyatt.

Also, there is a Cust. Fav. and Best Value for $90. It's 4*and is located in Mag Mile/Wacker Dr. Any ideas?

I would really appreciate any help and will let everyone know how it works out.

Thanks!!!!!!

So you were rejected up to $85 or did you stop short of that?

For the HOTWIRE hotels please list the amenities for each hotel you're considering. There can be more than one Customer Favorite in a given area at a given star rating, so "...Cust. Fav. and Best Value for $90. It's 4*and is located in Mag Mile/Wacker Dr..." doesn't give us the information needed to help identify it.

It was the Hotwire Mag. Mile/Wacker Dr. 4*, $90 Best Value Customer Fav. for 7/28-7/31, with amenities: Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center.

Thanks.

Also, to answer your other question, I bid up to $89 on priceline, but when I saw this on Hotwire, wanted to find out about it.

Will now bid through the links.

This is a match for both the Hyatt and the Westin... so it could be either.

Others on the board have seen the Customer Favorite comments "it was south of the river" and have said that would indicated the Hyatt (assuming the original customer knew how to read a compass! :) ). One comment also mentions how great the beds were... these type of comments often refer to Westin's Heavenly beds, but i was told in another thread on this property that due to the 'south of the river' comments it is a fit for the Hyatt (i don't know anything about the beds at the Hyatt).

Let us know what you decide to do with these HOTWIRE offerings.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]